Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 LOTR: ROTK (EE-DVD) 
Cream of the Crop

BROTHER MIRUVOOORRRRR

Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:01 am
Profile WWW
Veteran

Keep dancin'

BROTHER MIRUVOOORRRRR

All for you..One Ahmed
:D :lol: :lol:

'The stars in the sky...
Bring tears to my eyes...
They're lighting my way... tonight.

And I haven't felt so alive..
In years.'

MOS

Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:20 am
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:26 am
Profile WWW
Veteran

Don't stop! have at it!

I'm burning a hole in the bear suit!! :lol: :lol:

Good enough?? :wink:

'The stars in the sky...

In years.'

MOS

Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:28 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Nice Arch! :D

Was that from your local Melbourne paper?

Somebody posted it over at the Council of Elrond Forums.......just thought some people might like it........it's the same drawings that was played through the clsoing credits of ROTK......i'm sure everyone recognised that.... :D

I surrender who I've been for who you are
Nothing makes me stronger than your fragile heart
If I had only felt how it feels to be yours
I would have known what I've been living for all along
What I've been living for

Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:31 am
Veteran

Mirûvor wrote:

Somebody posted it over at the Council of Elrond Forums.......just thought some people might like it........it's the same drawings that was played through the clsoing credits of ROTK......i'm sure everyone recognised that.... :D

Yes..I know! :P I liked the Boromir and Elrond sketchings very much.

'The stars in the sky...

In years.'

MOS

Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:34 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Archangel Supreme wrote:
Mirûvor wrote:

Yes..I know! :P I liked the Boromir and Elrond sketchings very much.

These artwork are simply awesome, if only they were used more in the marketing side of things......adds a deeper layer i think.....

BTW - have you downloaded the Oscar Party Video at TORN.....one of things which was said by John-Rhys Davies was that LOTR has the best fanbase of all-time....because the fans are more mature :D .......something which i agree wholeheartedly :D

Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:10 am
Veteran

These artwork are simply awesome, if only they were used more in the marketing side of things......adds a deeper layer i think.....

BTW - have you downloaded the Oscar Party Video at TORN.....one of things which was said by John-Rhys Davies was that LOTR has the best fanbase of all-time....because the fans are more mature :D .......something which i agree wholeheartedly :D

Yes..yes..I saw that! He's such a stellar bloke! A very kind man and very warm and personable with the fans! I couldn't agree more about their thoughts on the fans! Yayyy...good on ya people!! PJ also said it was about the fans and their dedication too!

'The stars in the sky...

In years.'

MOS

Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:16 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Archangel Supreme wrote:

Yes..yes..I saw that! He's such a stellar bloke! A very kind man and very warm and personable with the fans! I couldn't agree more about their thoughts on the fans! Yayyy...good on ya people!! PJ also said it was about the fans and their dedication too!

For some reason, hearing these things makes me so happy.

For example, JRD once said that the LOTR will be the biggest movies of all-time, bigger than Star Wars......and it brings a smile to my face because that is actually true in some ways.....

Also, Ian McKellen once said in a Pre-2002 Oscar (FOTR's year) Interview that "certainly by the third movie.....no one can deny Oscars to all those who deserve them"......and again, it brings a smile to my face because that has happened in a spectacular fashion.......

Definately the "GRANDEST" Trilogy of All-Time :D

Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:35 am
Veteran

For example, JRD once said that the LOTR will be the biggest movies of all-time, bigger than Star Wars......and it brings a smile to my face because that is actually true in some ways.....

Also, Ian McKellen once said in a Pre-2002 Oscar (FOTR's year) Interview that "certainly by the third movie.....no one can deny Oscars to all those who deserve them"......and again, it brings a smile to my face because that has happened in a spectacular fashion.......

I also thought it funny, when JRD say that it's funny that they took all the Oscars and yet not a single actor was rewarded for their effort! I still think Sir Ian should have gotten one for Best Supporting Actor (FOTR), but who cares! We, the fans, know that they are all winners! Elijah Wood also said that it was odd, but the Golden Globe for best ensemble validated that it was atrue group effort and that cannot be denied! On-set chemistry like that is a rare gift!

LOTR is my All-Time favourite trilogy thus far! I still get choked up over it!
"Fly, you fools" :wink:

'The stars in the sky...

In years.'

MOS

Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:43 am
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

ARE YOU LISTENING!?

Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:06 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Archangel Supreme wrote:

I also thought it funny, when JRD say that it's funny that they took all the Oscars and yet not a single actor was rewarded for their effort! I still think Sir Ian should have gotten one for Best Supporting Actor (FOTR), but who cares! We, the fans, know that they are all winners! Elijah Wood also said that it was odd, but the Golden Globe for best ensemble validated that it was atrue group effort and that cannot be denied! On-set chemistry like that is a rare gift!

LOTR is my All-Time favourite trilogy thus far! I still get choked up over it!
"Fly, you fools" :wink:

2002 Oscars Supporting Actor was quite a competitive year and any of the actors were deserving of the award .....Sir Ian gave a strong and powerful performance but i think the Oscars were quite hesitant at the time and since its a fantasy pic (part 1 of 3), makes it even harder for them to commit......

But the SAG Awards was wonderful, minus Sean Astin's pathetic political sub-plot......it was great.....Bernerd Hill really said what we've known all along in a fantastic way......LOTR is a true ensemble and everyone had their momment in each movie......

Mind you, if we did get a an acting nom for LOTR this year for ROTK.....then we would never have gotten the sweep......which do you prefer, nomination or sweep..... :roll:

This movie was always about synergy and togetherness.....the cast and fans know this and that's all that matters.... :P

Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:31 pm
Veteran

Agreed! It's funny how we all think we own this movie! LOL

Things like..."if we got the nom" and such! LOL I always talk like it's my movie and it belongs to me. Though I was a part of it, I think it has become "our precioussss" in many senses!

'The stars in the sky...

In years.'

MOS

Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:41 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Things like..."if we got the nom" and such! LOL I always talk like it's my movie and it belongs to me. Though I was a part of it, I think it has become "our precioussss" in many senses!

It just shows how much we love this Trilogy, as if it is our life and blood.....and the reason why so many of us will do anything to protect our precious......

Yes, we are so mature..... :twisted:

Sat Nov 27, 2004 4:01 am
Veteran

Mirûvor wrote:

It just shows how much we love this Trilogy, as if it is our life and blood.....and the reason why so many of us will do anything to protect our precious......

I couldn't have said it better myself mate!! LOL

'The stars in the sky...

In years.'

MOS

Sat Nov 27, 2004 4:42 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Archangel Supreme wrote:
Mirûvor wrote:

I couldn't have said it better myself mate!! LOL

Hannon Le.............the days when a negative comment would trigger huge blasts and a torrid of replies are missed.......those poor souls didn't stand a chance.......

Of course, i was never apart of the mudslinging...... :roll: :wink:

Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:06 am
Veteran

Hannon Le.............the days when a negative comment would trigger huge blasts and a torrid of replies are missed.......those poor souls didn't stand a chance.......

When I was a lurker back at BOM before I officially joined, I used to watch the turid frenzy and the sharkfest and laugh sometimes! So many emotions, so many frailties! What's most important in the end, it what you feel, and that's all that counts. What others say is translucent and shouldn't get the best of you! They say loonies, so be it! Sticks and stones...blah...blah...so what? :P

'The stars in the sky...

In years.'

MOS

Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:14 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Archangel Supreme wrote:

When I was a lurker back at BOM before I officially joined, I used to watch the turid frenzy and the sharkfest and laugh sometimes! So many emotions, so many frailties! What's most important in the end, it what you feel, and that's all that counts. What others say is translucent and shouldn't get the best of you! They say loonies, so be it! Sticks and stones...blah...blah...so what? :P

True, it's great when you are arguing against someone and there's so much emotion.....it's almost like you are there right in front of them and want to rip out there nipples... :twisted:

:roll: :wink:

Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:51 am
Forum General

***** / 5 STARS (duh :P )

http://www.empireonline.co.uk/site/atho ... ?AID=10347

So here we are, at the end of all things. At least, that’s what it feels like. This DVD marks the final step in an epoch-making journey whose cinematic closure has left a gaping hole in our festive arrangements; we’d got so used to Christmas round the Jacksons’, complete with Orc-bashing, Elf-prancing and Hobbit angst.

--

Little needs to be sung of the extraordinary lengths to which the Extended Editions have gone to elucidate and charm. All the regulars are again here, inching over the minutiae across 18 separate documentaries and four commentaries. You are not left wanting.

Jackson’s honesty has been so warmly evident throughout, and again he debates missed chances, mostly undetectable touches he feels don’t make the grade. Most fascinatingly, he opens up the storytelling process to reveal an abandoned concept. At one point, they discussed Aragorn confronting Sauron in a traditional hero/villain showdown. But, for all their theorised detours from Tolkien’s path, it was to the book they satisfyingly returned at times of creative doubt.

On a more personal note for Jackson and partner Fran Walsh, there’s also a tribute to fellow Kiwi filmmaker Cameron Duncan, who died of bone cancer last summer. The closing song Into The West was dedicated to him, and his yearning short film Strike Force is included.

:D

13 DAYS TO GO

Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:57 am
Forum General

MSNBC: The supersize 'Rings' finale arrives on DVD

By Devin Gordon
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6594605/site/newsweek

NewsweekDec. 6 issue - Is there anyone in the world more psyched about "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King" extended edition than Christopher Lee? The only sour moment in the trilogy's public run came when Lee, who plays the turncoat wizard Saruman, blasted director Peter Jackson for cutting him out of the theatrical version of "ROTK." Lee, now 82 and a cult figure among horror fans, felt he'd earned his gory swansong in "ROTK." Now thanks to the DVD, he's got it back. And he was right all along. In the original, Saruman's death is explained away off-screen, as if he were lint flicked from Gandalf's cloak. In the 250-minute DVD version, out on Dec. 14, he gives the movie an early jolt of peril by foreshadowing the mayhem to come. When Lee snarls "you're all going to die," brother, you believe it.

Like the first two "Rings" DVDs, the extended "ROTK" isn't just for obsessives. It's a flat-out better movie than the one that swept the Oscars. It's more emotionally generous and, despite the extra girth, more brisk and exciting. (Scarier, too: when Gimli, Legolas and Aragorn venture into a cavern to raise the Army of the Dead, a reinserted scene depicts the trio crunching across a carpet of skulls. The sound alone makes your skin crawl.) Even the four-DVD set's endless extras whiz by, largely because Jackson and his team are so obviously in love with their work. In the making-of documentary, when shooting wraps and it's time for farewells, the ache feels genuine, the tears earned.

--------

BTW - The Extended Trailer will arrive any time now..... :twisted:

Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:29 am
Extraordinary

Archangel Supreme wrote:

I agree - if fans of this movie were truly confident in Jackson's work, they would ignore or laugh off any negative comments about their precious. Instead, they show their insecurity about the pale wraith that this adaptation plainly is.

(Please note: Correct fanboy response to this post is to "ignore it or laugh it off". Thank-you in advance, signed: Huge Fan of Book, Majorly Disappointed With Film)

Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:26 am
Forum General

For those who can't see the trailer at Lordoftherings.net, try disabling your pop-up blockers first. The site automatically pops up the trailer. If you can't see it then, there's a blurb for it among the row of pictures below the headline, on the far left. Click there, it'll pop up the window again.
Ringer Spies Owen and Captain_Typho were kind enough to extract a link for the bigger version of the 6 minute preview! Right click and save the following:

TORN has also provided a LINK:
http://progressive2.stream.aol.com/newl ... 700_dl.mov

I'm downloading it as we speak.......the precious is here........ :twisted: :twisted:

Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:30 pm
Veteran

Bugger Arch, I was just about to post this, but you beat me to it mate! Good on ya! Good stuff. Got to see a little more of the things that I missed from the book! I cannot wait! :D

'The stars in the sky...

In years.'

MOS

Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:00 am
Profile WWW
Angels & Demons

I got choked up just watching that preview.
Man, this is going to be great.
I'm going to have to watch it alone, though. I can't let people see me cry.

No representation is made opinions expressed are better than others. MSRP. WAC. Limited Time. Some Restrictions Apply. All Rights Reserved. Not FDA approved. Results not typical. Close cover before striking. Mileage may vary. Void where prohibited.

Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:43 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Bugger Arch, I was just about to post this, but you beat me to it mate! Good on ya! Good stuff. Got to see a little more of the things that I missed from the book! I cannot wait! :D

It was a brilliant Trailer, nicely cut with all the music and clips..... :D

Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next