Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Ebert Recommends To The Academy To Nominate SPIDERMAN II 
Forum General

Raffiki wrote:
I'd like to say one thing that Maverikk seems to always use...
He claims in all his arguments or he mentions the swarms or great number of fanboys saying Lord of the Rings is the best movie ever made. You exaggerate it either intentionally or you've brainwahsed urself to believe that.

there are only a handful of posters to whom you always refer that are crazy fanboys who think LOTR is the best movie ever made.
A great deal of them are LOTR fans who don't think it's the best movie ever made, who think it could have been better, but for what it is, it's one of the greatest achievments in cinema or adaptations to film.

Then there are also those who really aren't big fans but do acknowledge the strength in film-making involved and defend the Best Picture, Director and some tech awards, while not agreeing to the sweep.

You categorize ALL these different types of people into one category and those who are LOTR nuts and it goes on un-debated but it really is an important aspect of this laughable exchange of arguments. I think it's important to note that everyone has a different opinion and while it doesn't really matter because your motives are more fanboysih than any of ours and your arguments don't have merit, it should be pointed out and not be let for your advantage.

And don't bother trying to take anything apart in my post, I won't even read it.

I'll bet you do read it. \:D/ You are seriously delusioned. I only categorize the blind defenders, which there are many. Your post means nothing, because you're very biased. Let's break this down, shall we?

The World According to Raffiki
A "handful" think that LOTR are the best films ever made (maybe all those people who have listed one of them as #1 were just bad typists, and we can chalk it up to a typo, or maybe you think people have hands the size of King Kong.)

A "great deal" of them think it could have been better, BUT still think it's one of the greatest achievements in movie history.

The ones who "aren't great fans" STILL acknowledge the greatness, because it's greatness is so strong that they had to admit they were wrong for being doubting Thomases, because the movies are brilliant.

All in all, you have just claimed that EVERYBODY thinks that LOTR are incredible films, all while trying to explain to us how I'm exaggerating. And what do you know, not a mention of those who weren't impressed. I guess they don't exist in your world. =;

Alright fuck it, I did read it. God you are so fuckin full of it.

First off read carefully in my post. Those categories are only meant to categorize the people you broadly place under your own categorization of LOTR nut, I don't understand how your small little narrow mind thought that I was categorizing everybody on the bloody planet.

Say what you want, I am not bias. Yes, I loved the LOTR films, I thought they were one of the greatest undertakings in the hostory of cinema. they aren't flawless, in fact they have many flaws. I think FOTR should have won the Oscar above Beautiful Mind and Mystic River was a better film against ROTK alone, but the films needed to be rewarded and I am content with the way it turned out. Nevertheless, I don't let any of that come in my though0process when I engage myself in debates or arguments and though it should matter, I have actually bumped LOTR from #1 to my #3 favorite film of all time, so even I don't personally like it as my favorite movie of all time, mind you there is a VAAAST difference between favorite and best movie.

Now, I want you, Maverikk, to answer just one question. And this is in all seriousness.

Do you intentionally write the way you do as in your posts and do you get a kick out of it or are you down-right serious in all your argumenst and when you break down everyone's posts?

Please answer truthfully as your response will answer alot of questions as to how to assert and argue myself with you from now on.

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:03 am
Award Winning Bastard

Alright fuck it, I did read it. God you are so fuckin full of it.

You don't have to call me God, Maverikk or Mav is fine. \:D/

How can you say I'm full of it, when you said "And don't bother trying to take anything apart in my post, I won't even read it."

Doesn't that make you the one that's full of it? \:D/ \:D/ (that was worth two \:D/ )

Not bad for a "small little narrow mind" , huh?

Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:17 am
Forum General

You know if I actually respected you, I would find those remarks funny and would argue with more ease with you.
But seeing as any and all respect I have built towards you (and I have read your posts WAAAAAAY back in the day) has deteriorated, I just find your attitude and character pitiful. I'm sure you'll get a kick out of that too.

And thanks for more than necessarily answering my question.

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:44 am
Award Winning Bastard

You know if I actually respected you, I would find those remarks funny and would argue with more ease with you.
But seeing as any and all respect I have built towards you (and I have read your posts WAAAAAAY back in the day) has deteriorated, I just find your attitude and character pitiful. I'm sure you'll get a kick out of that too.

And thanks for more than necessarily answering my question.

Well, if you try to ask a question without framing it with an insult, I might consider answering it, but you pretty much sound like a spoiled brat who is a very disrespectful young man, so how do you expect me to treat you as anything else? How about trying to present a question in a respectable manner if you want a respectable answer. You would be suprised how well that logic actually works when it;s applied.

Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3