Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Panic Room 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 91%  91%  [ 10 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 11

Panic Room 
College Boy Z

Post Panic Room
Panic Room

Quote:
Panic Room is a 2002 American thriller film directed by David Fincher and written by David Koepp. The film stars Jodie Foster, Forest Whitaker, Jared Leto, Dwight Yoakam, Kristen Stewart, and Patrick Bauchau. The story concerns a mother and daughter taking refuge in a safe room during a break-in of their home by three burglars who are after millions of dollars stored in a safe.

Loved this movie. Great plot, great performances...just one great suspense thriller. A-

Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:24 pm
Speed Racer

This is one of my favorite movies. I absolutely loved it. Jodie Foster gives an excellent performance, as always. It was very, very suspenseful and nerve-wracking. I loved David Finchers camera tricks and the way he swooped around the house and inside of keyholes etc........ The three criminals gave note-worthy performances, especially Dwight Yokam. Overall, I loved this movie. In my top 5 of 2002. The only flaw that I had with it was the very abrupt ending. It left some questions to be answered. Other than that, excellent. A

Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:06 pm
Profile WWW
La Bella Vito

Amazing film. A very interesting, and entertaining Thriller, with top notch performances, and brilliant direction. I really loved the opening credits, very original. Jodie Foster is amazing, as is Kirsten Stewart, and the burglars. The score is also very good, and I really liked the way it ending. Yes Whitaker did a good deed, but it still doesn't excuse everything else he was responsible for, so I thought the ending was perfect.

A

Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:21 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Forum General

Fun and intense but nothing we haven't seen before.

7/10 (B)

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:11 am
Profile YIM WWW
All Star Poster

Awsome film, one of the best thrillers ever

A

Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:58 am
life begins now

Another great action/suspense movie from Jodie Foster.

A-/B+

Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:03 pm
Profile YIM
Mod Team Leader

Are you people on crack? This is one of the most poorly put together films ever. This is beyond the realm of suspension of disbelief. None of this would have been possible if every single thing didn't turn out exactly the way they had hoped it did. This is a lazy film that preys on people with a lazy eye.

Horrible.

1/10

Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:07 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

I've seen it a couple of times already and unlike many films of its kind, the suspense still doesn't cease, even on repeat viewings. It is true that this needs some suspensension of disbelief (what large-scale movie doesn't nowadays?), but it is still a very tight, extremely tense and interesting thriller that is well ahead of Foster's Flightplan. The ending part is certainly anything, but realistic (they guy gets hit by a sledgehammer on his head and he just gets up and walks?!?!?!), but other than that, it's great entertainment. Fincher proves once again that he is one of the best directors in business nowadays. It's certainly more on par with The Game, than with Se7en or Fight Club, but as a pure, mindless thriller it is very good. The cinematography and the editing are perfect.

Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:18 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

Watched this again for the first time in a long while (maybe since I originally saw it in theaters). Still a super suspenseful, tense white-knuckler. And Baumer, are *you* on crack? Heh.

A-

Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:36 am
loyalfromlondon

It'd be a rather pedestrian thriller if not for the director, and even with him it's barely remarkable. Quite suspenseful, mostly because of the expert direction, and well-acted, but it gradually becomes more unbelievable and less interesting. The cast is solid, though I found Jared Leto was way over-the-top; Jodie Foster and Forest Whitaker both give good performances. The cinematography is terrific, and the effects are solid, but there's nothing here that makes it all that memorable. It's just a good thriller.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:01 pm
htm

Post Re: Panic Room
Fincher is a master, managing to breath suspense and terror into a tired genre. He skillfully constructs a haunting atmosphere, creating suspense that is tangible. Fincher gracefully maneuvers around the small space he has constructed this reality within, fully understanding (and exploiting) the beautiful architecture of the setting. Careful editing, a haunting score from Howard Shore, and capable performances from two of today's best actors make up for the film's deepest flaw: the screenplay. Suffering from sloppy dialogue that often lacks the sharpness greatness demands and lacking a deeper, more psychological villain (and protagonist, for that matter), the film at times coasts merely on the elegance with which Fincher directs this gorgeous, tense film. In spite of this, it stands as a thriller almost exceptionally well-made and authentically thrilling that it deserves a careful look.

***.5/****

Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]