Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Austin Powers in Goldmember 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
C 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
D 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4

College Boy Z

Post Austin Powers in Goldmember

Quote:
Austin Powers in Goldmember is a 2002 American comedy film and the third installment of the Austin Powers series starring Mike Myers in the title role. The movie was directed by Jay Roach, and co-written by Mike Myers and Michael McCullers. Myers also plays the roles of Dr. Evil, Goldmember, and Fat Bastard. The movie co-stars Beyoncé Knowles, Robert Wagner, Seth Green, Michael York, Verne Troyer, Michael Caine, Mindy Sterling and Fred Savage. There are a number of cameo appearances including Steven Spielberg, Kevin Spacey, Britney Spears, Quincy Jones, Tom Cruise, Danny DeVito, Katie Couric, Gwyneth Paltrow, John Travolta, Nathan Lane, and The Osbournes.

In a self-parody of the Austin Powers series, there is a film within the film in the opening. Austin Powers is featured in a bio-pic called Austinpussy (a parody of the James Bond film Octopussy) directed by Steven Spielberg and starring Tom Cruise as Austin Powers, Gwyneth Paltrow as Dixie Normous, Kevin Spacey as Dr. Evil, Danny DeVito as Mini-Me, and John Travolta as Goldmember.

Goldmember is a loose parody of the James Bond films, Goldfinger and You Only Live Twice, also incorporating elements of The Spy Who Loved Me, Live and Let Die, The Man with the Golden Gun and GoldenEye. The film took in approximately $296.6 million from movie tickets worldwide.

Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:26 pm
College Boy Z

The funniest of the series, as well as one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. Literally had me on the floor cracking up.

A

Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:57 am
Teh Mexican

Funniest Austin Powers movie!!!....its Hilarious, way better than the other two!!! great cameos! and BEYONCE is HOT!!!

A

Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:25 pm
Hot Fuss

I was severely let down when I left after this one. It just can't live up to the others in my opinion. It had its momments, and it still is a very fun film, but its just not as good as the first two. I would give it a solid B.

Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:37 pm
Profile YIM WWW
You must have big rats

I was surprised by how much I liked this movie. This is without a doubt the funniest movie of 2002 and the best outing of the Austin Powers series. Great cameos :lol:

Last edited by Dr. Lecter on Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:02 pm
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

Danny Devito's cameo will be remembered in movie history. :lol:

Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:03 pm
Golfaholic

One of the worst third's ever. They played the fart jokes too far. It was just a disgusting, completely unfunny movie aimed at six-year olds. (D-)

Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:29 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Absolutely gut-bustingly hilarious from start to finish.

Fri May 06, 2005 7:57 pm
Profile YIM
Indiana Jones IV

My favorite out of all of the austin powers...In my top 20 movies ever..Loved every second of it..Goldmember is priceless

Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:24 am
Profile YIM WWW
Jordan Mugen-Honda

A truly awful peice of celluloid. Bar the opening 5 minute's it's a complete re-hash of Austin 2 except without the humour.

D

Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:11 pm
The Lubitsch Touch

You crazy bastards! This was basically unwatchable.

Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:19 pm
Sbil

Funnier than the first one, but not as good as the second.

Goldmember is a truly disgusting character.

B

Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:26 pm
Team Kris

Funnier than the first one, but not as good as the second.

Goldmember is a truly disgusting character.

B

Schmoke and a pangcake?

Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:28 pm
htm

Meh, this one pales in comparison to the first. (I actually prefer the original to all the sequels).

C+

Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:38 pm
Extraordinary

Meh, this one pales in comparison to the first. (I actually prefer the original to all the sequels).

C+

I have a feeling of deja vuImage

http://www.worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopi ... 5111#25111

MadGez wrote:
Briefs. Am used to them and boxers can get me in trouble it seems. Too much room and maybe the silkiness have created more than one awkward situation.

My Box-Office Blog: http://boxofficetracker.blogspot.com/

Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:46 pm
Profile WWW
Draughty

lennier wrote:

C+

I think you must have put the wrong link, since what you link to doesn't make sense of your deja vu comment.

As to the movie, I'd give it a C-. It has one or two moments but mostly is a big letdown, none of the charm of the first movie and few of the laughs of the second movie.

Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:49 pm
Profile WWW
htm

lennier wrote:

C+

Unfortunately I can't edit old posts, now can I?

I noted the post and figured everyone would, yknow, realize how people's tastes change, nstuff. :nonono: Not you, box. Gotta try and act all hip and defy my expectations.

Yes, I decided I don't like this movie very much. :)

Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:55 pm
loyalfromlondon

Not as funny as the first two. Reuses a lot of the old jokes. The humour is much, much lower in this one.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:10 pm
Extraordinary

I loved the first Austin Powers movie and hated the second. So is it a continuous slide in quality to loathing the third? Nope! Austin Powers: Goldmember rocks, errr, I guess I should say - swings. Lots of laughs throughout, but the opening credits sequence was especially hilarious. Mike Myers seems to have rediscovered the edge to this comedy concept and rides that edge very nicely in this outing.

6 out of 5.

As to the naysayers regarding this film and other low comedies, here's some comments overheard at the Last Annual RFD Three Stooges Festival:

"Those men were clearly not qualified plumbers - the film-makers should have done more extensive research before portraying this trade on film."

"The humor is clearly only suitable for audience members still wearing diapers and used to a constant diet of pablum (much like this short)."

"Mr. Fine would do well to seek higher-minded partners for any future endeavors."

"This short film will play for a week and these so-called 'comedy artists' will quickly be forgotten"

"No high society dinner would ever have that many cream pies on hand - the premise is both simply ridiculous and patently unbelievable."

Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:57 am
Sbil

As to the naysayers regarding this film and other low comedies, here's some comments overheard at the Last Annual RFD Three Stooges Festival:

"Those men were clearly not qualified plumbers - the film-makers should have done more extensive research before portraying this trade on film."

"The humor is clearly only suitable for audience members still wearing diapers and used to a constant diet of pablum (much like this short)."

"Mr. Fine would do well to seek higher-minded partners for any future endeavors."

"This short film will play for a week and these so-called 'comedy artists' will quickly be forgotten"

"No high society dinner would ever have that many cream pies on hand - the premise is both simply ridiculous and patently unbelievable."

Bradley, seriously...

Some people just don't like idiotic, crap comedies. I didn't even say I disliked this movie (I think I gave it a B-), but all these "subtle" digs at the "naysayers of low comedies" are clearly intended at me, and it's getting really annoying, especially because I actually love most comedies, just not awful ones like Freddy Got Fingered.

Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:19 am
Extraordinary

...all these "subtle" digs at the "naysayers of low comedies" are clearly intended at me...

Feeling guilty?

You honestly didn't even cross my mind when I wrote that 3 Stooges bit. There's lots of people on WOKJ and in the general poulation that don't enjoy low comedy, and that's perfectly okay. But it doesn't mean I can't poke a little good-spirited fun at them.

My main criticism of your reviews, is the often mean-spirited portrayal of those who enjoy the films that you don't...

:-k

Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:03 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

Its very funny - but not as good as The Spy Who Shagged Me which is my favourite of the series.

Id say...

Austin Powers B-
The Spy Who Shagged Me A
Goldmember A-

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:52 pm
I just lost the game

It was average. The opening was brilliant, but a few sparse laughs and one liners after that. Not nearly as funny, memorable, quotable, or rewatchable as the sequel. C+

Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:47 pm
Devil's Advocate

Funniest of the series, and personally for me one of the funniest movies I've ever seen.

Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:08 pm
All Star Poster

My favorite of the Austin Power Franshise, this film never gets old.

A

Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next