Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Jurassic Park 

What grade would you give this film?
A 79%  79%  [ 27 ]
B 15%  15%  [ 5 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
F 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 34

Jurassic Park 
College Boy Z

Post Jurassic Park
Jurassic Park

Quote:
Jurassic Park is a 1993 American science fiction adventure film directed by Steven Spielberg. The film is based on the novel of the same name by Michael Crichton. It stars Sam Neill, Laura Dern, Jeff Goldblum and Richard Attenborough.

The film centers on the fictional Isla Nublar near Costa Rica in the Central American Pacific Coast, where a billionaire philanthropist and a small team of genetic scientists have created an amusement park of cloned dinosaurs.

Before Crichton's book was even published, studios such as Warner Bros., Columbia TriStar, 20th Century Fox, and Universal had already begun bidding to acquire the picture rights. Spielberg, with the backing of Universal Studios, acquired the rights before publication in 1990, and Crichton was hired for an additional $500,000 to adapt the novel for the screen. David Koepp wrote the final draft, which left out much of the novel's exposition and violence, and made numerous changes to the characters.

Jurassic Park is regarded as a landmark in the use of computer-generated imagery, and received highly positive reviews from critics for such. During its release, the film grossed more than $914 million worldwide, becoming the most successful film released up to that time (surpassing E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial and surpassed 4 years later by Titanic), and it is currently the 17th highest grossing feature film (taking inflation into account, it is the 18th-highest-grossing film in North America). It is the most financially successful film for NBCUniversal and Steven Spielberg. It won the Academy Award for Best Sound Mixing, Best Sound Editing, and Best Visual Effects.

Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:23 pm
Teh Mexican

great FX the dinosaurs are very well done, and the story too!!

A+

Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:26 pm
---------

My 4th favorite movie of all time! Absolute perfectness! The cast and acting were great for an "action" movie. The plot was superb and creates an eery mood.

Grade: 98.5 , A+

Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:39 pm
Hot Fuss

One of the best modern films. Every detail of the film was perfect, and it holds up to this day. A-

Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:38 pm
Profile YIM WWW
College Boy Z

The best of the series, as well as one of the top movies of the 90's. This film is absolutly amazing.

My Grade: A+

Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:50 pm
I just lost the game

Amazing film. One of my all time favs. I've seriously seen it more than 100 times in the last three years. The movie was brilliant in every thing. Acting, direction, story, theme, score, scenery, action. Perfect.

A+

Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:22 pm
I just lost the game

Amazing film. One of my all time favs. I've seriously seen it more than 100 times in the last three years. The movie was brilliant in every thing. Acting, direction, story, theme, score, scenery, action. Perfect.

A+

Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:22 pm
now we know

Better than JP3. Worse than JP:LW.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:34 am
Profile WWW
Christian's #1 Fan

Great film. One of the best films of the 90's and in the top 20 of all time. A

Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:36 am
You must have big rats

My all-time favorite. Unbeatable.

Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:49 am
Profile WWW
Kiera Knightly is my lady!

Wow is this movie already 11 1/2 years old?! I feel old!
well anyway, this is a must see movie, and one of the greatest films ever made. my number 6 movie of all time.
A+

Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:04 pm
Profile WWW
Killing With Kindness

A+

totaly awesome film :rock:

Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:58 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

BJs Grade:

A+

totaly awesome film :rock:

YES!

\:D/

Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:36 pm
Profile WWW
je vois l'avenir

I rented this yesterday just for fun and it is still amazing. The graphics look great for that time and now too.

A

----Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (Le Petit Prince)

A Lonely Person is at Home Everywhere.

Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:05 pm
Teenage Dream

One of the best films of the 90's and all time. One of Steven Speilberg's best films. Best dinosaur movie ever.

Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:04 pm
I'm Batman

I can't believe I never posted for this movie. It is definitley Spielberg's best (ahead of E.T. probably). Great effects with a timeless story.

A+

Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:10 pm
You must have big rats

I can't believe I never posted for this movie. It is definitley Spielberg's best (ahead of E.T. probably). Great effects with a timeless story.

A+

Very much agreed!

Still my favorite of all time :D

Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:29 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

My 6th least favorite movie, with Saving Private Ryan, Schindler's List, E.T., Amistad and Gigli above it. What a horrible movie. This has no story, just a brief explanation of HOW in the beginning, then the last half of the movie is showing the Dinosaurs. Which are amazing. The special effects, in my opinion, still hold up after 10 years. But that's all the movie is: special effects and no story. The characters are cardboard cut outs. For example; the "greedy" lawyer. Spielberg takes 2 natural human traits, greed and selfishness and acts as if they are worthy of death, which can be seen when the lawyer dies a humilating death. How immature can Spielberg get? This is an immature movie. Alan is hating on kids but in the next 2 minutes is acting as a father, talk about fast character "development"! Anyways, this movie has no story and stupid characters and the special effects try to compensate for this mediocre film.

F-

Last edited by Star Wars on Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:27 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Christian's #1 Fan

I respect your opinion but that is the most shallow and biased review I have ever read. Even the most cynical of film critics would not give this a rating that low, but whatever.

Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:02 pm
---------

This is an immature movie. Alan is hating on kids but in the next 2 minutes is acting as a father, talk about fast character "development"!

They spent two days together surviving in a dinosaur jungle, and it's not like he instantly took to them. He hated being with them for a lot of scenes. He bonded with them and found himself reponsible for them.

Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:31 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Star Wars wrote:
This is an immature movie. Alan is hating on kids but in the next 2 minutes is acting as a father, talk about fast character "development"!

They spent two days together surviving in a dinosaur jungle, and it's not like he instantly took to them. He hated being with them for a lot of scenes. He bonded with them and found himself reponsible for them.

I can understand him caring about them and stuff, but he acts like he is a father. At first he hates kids, thinks they smell (NOT just babies), now he is sleeping with them (no! not that way!) instead of say, putting them on a higher branch.

Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:42 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Indiana Jones IV

I respect your opinion but that is the most shallow and biased review I have ever read.

Why do you think that?

Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:43 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Christian's #1 Fan

RogueCommander wrote:
I respect your opinion but that is the most shallow and biased review I have ever read.

Why do you think that?

Because anyone who gives every Spielburg movie an "F" or "D" is obviously biased. Look, we all know you don't like him, but you don't have to go out of your way to show us.

Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:45 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Star Wars wrote:
RogueCommander wrote:

Why do you think that?

Because anyone who gives every Spielburg movie an "F" or "D" is obviously biased. Look, we all know you don't like him, but you don't have to go out of your way to show us.

I was reviewing the movie, not trying to bash on Spielberg. But why is giving a Spielberg movie an F or D biased? I was going to give it a D because the special effects are still amazing, but I decided not too because of that stupid lawyer scene.

Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:46 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Christian's #1 Fan

I was reviewing the movie, not trying to bash on Spielberg. But why is giving a Spielberg movie an F or D biased? I was going to give it a D because the special effects are still amazing, but I decided not too because of that stupid lawyer scene.

Because if you notice you give an A+ to any movie released by George Lucas and an "F" or "D" to any movie released by Steven Spielberg with perhaps the exception of War of the Worlds to which you gave a...C-? We know you hate his movies but seriously you need to diversify a little bit else you risk becoming narrowminded, at least more so then it seems you already are.

Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next