Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 The Creator 

Grade:
A 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 3 ]
C 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 6

The Creator 
now we know

Post The Creator

Quote:
The Creator is a 2023 American science fiction film produced and directed by Gareth Edwards, who co-wrote the screenplay with Chris Weitz. The film stars John David Washington, Gemma Chan, Ken Watanabe, Sturgill Simpson, Allison Janney, and Madeleine Yuna Voyles (in her film debut). Its plot, set in a future impacted by war between the human race and the forces of artificial intelligence, follows an ex-special forces agent who is recruited to hunt down and kill the "Creator", who has developed a mysterious weapon with the power to end the war by destroying mankind itself.

The Creator premiered at Fantastic Fest on September 26, 2023, and was released in the United States on September 29, by 20th Century Studios, making it one of the first films released following the end of the 2023 Writers Guild of America strike.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:47 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran

Post Re: The Creator
Gareth Edwards' "The Creator" is a refreshing stand-out in today's often repetitive sci-fi landscape. What sets "The Creator" apart, for me, is the fact that we have an unique property in a genre filled with adaptations and sequels, a fact that alone makes it worth watching. Edwards is an underrated director, with a good track record of deftly balancing rich storytelling with technical prowess.

John David Washington delivers a strong performance, complemented by a surprisingly adept young "robot" co-lead (I don't know her name). The duo's on-screen chemistry is palpable, adding depth to the film's action sequences, which are as riveting as they are well-executed.

I also really enjoyed the world, the plausible backhistory of the story, and the movie's technology (military, AI, and other types) which felt both innovative and believable, contributing to the story rather than overshadowing it.

I was blind, but now I see.

Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:15 pm
Extraordinary

I thought overall this was fine. I think it's impressive that this had a "mid" sized bueget given the film looks nice but I think it was missing something that kept it from being better.

Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:43 am
The Kramer

The Creator wants to be Avatar and Children of Men at the same time. It's an admirable goal that leads to a pretty solid movie, but I can totally see why it bombed at the box office. It's bleak, anti-american, definitely written by someone who thinks 9/11 was an inside job and there's just not a lot to hold on to. Yet the world itself is so well built. And it's been said many times already, but The Creator deserves tons of praise for pulling off some impressive fx with a relatively small budget. Those blue lights from the Nomad spaceship were especially terrifying. Just imagine seeing those pop up over your house, knowing what is gonna come next.

I'll give The Creator a 7.5/10 . A good watch but not quite a sci-fi classic.

Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:56 pm
Hold the door!

The Creator's themes are familiar but it finds a way to keep them feeling fresh with striking visual design and strong performances. The central relationship between David Washington and the kid is especially strong.

Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:09 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Good visuals but meh on everything else. The overly complicated story disserves the direction style and visuals. I didn't connect with the central relation until the very last but then the love story was forced right after.

5/10. C/C+. 8/10 for visuals.

Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]