Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Enter the Dragon 

Grade:
A 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Enter the Dragon 
now we know

Post Enter the Dragon

Quote:
Enter the Dragon is a 1973 martial arts film directed by Robert Clouse from a story written by Michael Allin. It stars Bruce Lee, John Saxon and Jim Kelly. It was Lee's final completed film appearance before his death on 20 July 1973 at the age of 32. An American and Hong Kong co-production, it premiered in Los Angeles on 19 August 1973, one month after Lee's death.

Enter the Dragon is also considered one of the most influential action films of all time, with its success contributing to mainstream worldwide interest in the martial arts as well as inspiring numerous fictional works, including action films, television shows, action games, comic books, manga and anime.

Shameful that this never had a thread! Anyway, here it is for its 50th anniversary..

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:40 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Post Re: Enter the Dragon
I just came back from see the 50th anniversary screening. It's such an iconic film, and I had a wonderful time. Probably the best time in a cinema this year. Lalo Schiffrin's score and the master that is Bruce Lee.

I've seen it countless times but never on the big screen so it was a real pleasure. I never noticed how the film isn't all that long, and the "tournament" never really takes shape, lol. It's just random fights, there's never any sense that fighters are moving through stages and fighting progressively tougher opponents as was done in other films like Bloodsport or The Quest. But it's charming nonetheless.

It's also a true 70s classic because it has scenes of sleaze and loose Asian chicks used as playthings for the male characters, lol.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:59 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]