Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Zack Snyder's Justice League 

Rate this film:
A 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
B 70%  70%  [ 7 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 10

Zack Snyder's Justice League 
Keeping it Light

Post Re: Zack Snyder's Justice League
Wow, I didn't expect this to be able to be this good, but it really is. The Whedon version was such a turd, despite it having cool characters they were underdeveloped and the whole story just felt like a mess. Snyder's cut really takes it time with things and that's for the best. The soundtrack feels improved and whereas the comedy felt flat before, the comedic bits fit just right in here. It was really nice to get some of Flash and Cyborg backstories and it makes them both a whole lot more likeable with it. Steppenwolf looked a lot better in this a well, and overall it just turned a visually shoddy experience in a complete one and the tone was consistent this time around as well. It's not a perfect film by all means, but props to Snyder for pulling of a director's cut like this out of something that really needed it.

B+

Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:47 am
Keeping it Light

I would have liked if Snyder kept a version of the Flash vs Superman race in as a mid/after credit scene.

Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:02 pm
llegó a la casa vía marítima

I still don't understand why they had Cyborg, who no one outside of hardcore DC fanboys even associates with the Justice League, instead of Green Lantern.

Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:32 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Barrabás wrote:
I still don't understand why they had Cyborg, who no one outside of hardcore DC fanboys even associates with the Justice League, instead of Green Lantern.

Indeed. Cyborg was not a strong choice and I saw that there were hints of Green Lantern during the Age of Heroes battle. Even though that was just to please the fans they could have easily introduced a new GL in JL.

Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:20 am
The Kramer

I imagine they wanted more distance between the Ryan Reynold’s version (only six years at that point) and Cyborg was the only black character they had to fall back on. He was terrible in the original but his expanded role worked. The football game flashback was corny (one of many slowmo cringe scenes in the first half) but I was never bored during his present day scenes. And they sold his necessity well during the final battle, being the only one able to actually stop the motherbox.

Though if he was going to have that important of a role then he should have gotten his own movie before hand alongside Flash and Aquaman. We didn’t even get a solo Batman lol. But why do that when you can just skip to Civil War and then Darkseid?

Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:33 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

I felt Cyborg was more integral to the finale in theatrical version while yes both movies have him only being able to stop the magic box but there was highlight in original on his power originating from the box (similar to Wanda) and him being able to locate the box and trying to fight it were more highlighted. The struggle here is overshadowed by the need of team work here and unnecessary race-against-time plot which is eventually erased by flashpoint.

Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:14 am
KJ's Most Embarssing Misspeller

Cyborg became a founding member of the JL in the New 52 which DCEU (though GL was also in that too). Admittedly, it would have been better to just do a Jon Stewart GL.

Magnus is right
trixster wrote:
magnus is my hero
Loyal wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
Magnus is the fucking voice of reason.
That's scary.
bABA wrote:
fuck Magnus
zwackerm wrote:
You're incredibly overrated and and if they made a Pixar film about you it would gross less than The Good Dinosaur.

Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:44 am
llegó a la casa vía marítima

Flash saving the world was EPIC. I can't believe the original had such a joke of a climax next to this.

Also, just how many reshoots did they do for this?! It's practically a whole new movie.

I hope it makes a ton of money for HBO Max and they decide to axe their current DCEU plans and make Man of Steel 2 and Justice League 2. This film shows that this universe still has huge potential.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if we get a 'Game of Thrones Series Finale: Director's Cut' in the next couple of years.

Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:57 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

I thought the visuals were there but Flashpoint in itself was handled very unceremoniously.

GoT has a high chance of happening once the final book is out.

Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:51 am
On autopilot for the summer

Barrabás wrote:
Flash saving the world was EPIC. I can't believe the original had such a joke of a climax next to this.

Also, just how many reshoots did they do for this?! It's practically a whole new movie.

I hope it makes a ton of money for HBO Max and they decide to axe their current DCEU plans and make Man of Steel 2 and Justice League 2. This film shows that this universe still has huge potential.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if we get a 'Game of Thrones Series Finale: Director's Cut' in the next couple of years.

People really need to watch the theatrical again to see the comparison, from what was cut out to this, Snyder shot the majority of the theatrical. But from what I can tell, read.

1. Opening was repurposed from BVS with extensions of things shot with closeups of Amber Heard, Cyborg, and Amazonians added in.

2. Darkseid, they never had the money to complete the storyboards so they nixed him, and re used early/new recordings of the actor and changed Steppenwolf to a minion. So the old battle was just re-envisioned with the added budget and the writing was changed to incorporate his role. Remember Steppenwolf was suppose to be the end villain of Suicide Squad but was nixed for the same reasons. His presence would have at least been fleshed out better here either way had WB not decided to save the money and use Enchantress' brother instead. I think the original plan was to make Steppenwolf more of a Loki (thor to Avengers arc) because isn't in the comics Steppenwolf one of Darkseid's elders or something.
3. Martian Manhunter (though that's a relatively simple fix)
4. Amazonian temple falling into the water (The rest is pretty much the same outside of VO work)
5. Knightmare sequence
6. Fisher did minor closeup work (I'm guessing a lot of his flying, work for the finale, and Superman's revival, as those scenes have the more glaring of differences)
7. Little beats with Cyborg, and a lot of the meetings between the league in between battles were re recorded.
6. While the majority of the battles were simply re animated, all the main footage was just re rendered ie. In the theatrical Same shot of wonder woman to cut off Steppenwolf's axe, is repurposed to cut off his head.
7. Cyborg's 2 dream sequences.
8. Superman becoming Superman again was mixed with BVS and MOS audio, but all of the Black Superman stuff appeared in the theatrical (they simply changed the color in post)
9. Joe Morton has stated he doesn't remember when he did the end narration, but that he did participate in the reshoots, He also says he hasn't seen either version of the film, only that in the theatrical he gets a sequel, in the Snyder he's basically replaying Miles Dyson, but Danny is grown up :funny:
10. Stunt actors/CGI Batman added into the sewer and finale.

A lot of the stuff is actually pretty easy to spot (the ADR especially from Affleck and Cavill seems to have been done on a zoom, lol) and the effects are noticeably worse in a lot of the action scenes than the theatrical (As they accomplished a lot with the 70 million, and they had all the footage of the actors to work with but the final polish is missing in a lot of it)

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:13 pm
Ocarina of Time

A legit masterpiece, an incredible and epic 4 hour cut.

Now restore the fucking SnyderVerse!

1. Super Mario Bros Movie
2. Rebel Moon
3. Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 1
4. Oppenheimer
5. The Flash
6. Elemental
7. Aquaman 2
8. Dune Part 2
9. Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny
10. Blue Beetle

Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:37 am
Superfreak

SUPERMAN vs STEPPENWOLF :shock: :shock: :shock: :whaa: :whaa: :whaa: :whaa: :whaa: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:48 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Glad I decided to watch this. Many noticeable improvements. I know it was made intended to be 4 hours, which is fine, not really going to dock it for that, though I do think there's an even better film around the 3.5 hour mark. Still stand by saying that the solo Aquaman film and eventual Flash solo film (is that still happening?) should have come before this film (either version).

My favorite improvements/inclusions:

-Cinematography
-Cyborg everything, except for his CGI (still a little glaring to me, his face in particular).
-All things Darksteid. The flashback with him and his forces fighting the Earth alliance was cool. (And the dude playing Zeus...glad I had a 4K UHD TV for that.)
-Final battle was ridiculously better. All the previous battles were a lot better, too.
-General CGI, especially Steppenwolf.
-Steppenwolf was fleshed out and made an imposing threat.

I would be up for Justice League 2 with this cast and story, so it's too bad how the theatrical version turned out.

Wonder Woman A-
The Suicide Squad B+
Shazam! B+
Joker B+
Man Of Steel B
(Zack Snyder's Justice League B)
Birds of Prey B
Aquaman B
Suicide Squad B-
Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice B-
Justice League C
Wonder Woman 1984 C-

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:25 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2