Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 The World to Come 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

The World to Come 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post The World to Come
Quote:
The World to Come is a 2020 drama film directed by Mona Fastvold, from a screenplay by Ron Hansen and Jim Shepard, based upon Shepard's story of the same name. It stars Vanessa Kirby, Katherine Waterston, Christopher Abbott and Casey Affleck.

It had its world premiere at the 77th Venice International Film Festival on September 6, 2020, where it won the Queer Lion award for best LGBTQ-themed film at the festival. It was released in a limited release on February 12, 2021, followed by video on demand on March 2, 2021, by Bleecker Street.

Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:41 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: The World to Come
If you like the cast the movie is enjoyable but a similar themed Ammonite does a better job than this movie in acting as well as telling a compelling love story. The movie spends too much on separation but without building a good love story before which is why it fails. Waterson and specially Kirby are great in their roles whereas Affleck steals the show whenever he is on screen. Abbott is wasted in here.

B-

Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:44 am
Wallflower

Post Re: The World to Come
I caught this one a couple weeks ago while it was at my theater. Really liked it. Didn't love it. I'll admit I'm tiring of lesbian period films and I haven't even seen Ammonite. :P I don't see anything coming close to the masterpiece that is Portrait of a Lady on Fire. The cast was definitely good here. I don't know how much I believed in the romance though which is obviously important in a story like this. That aside I still thought it was an interesting movie.

B

Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]