Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 PG: Psycho Goreman 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

PG: Psycho Goreman 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post PG: Psycho Goreman
Quote:
PG: Psycho Goreman, or simply Psycho Goreman, is a 2020 Canadian science-fiction horror comedy film written and directed by Steven Kostanski. It stars Nita-Josee Hanna and Owen Myre as a young sister and brother who unwittingly resurrect an ancient extraterrestrial overlord (played by Matt Ninaber).

Psycho Goreman was originally scheduled to premiere at the South by Southwest film festival in March 2020, but the festival was cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. It screened later that year as part of Beyond Fest, the Sitges Film Festival and Monster Fest. Having been acquired by RLJE Films and Shudder, Psycho Goreman is scheduled to be released in theaters and on video on demand on January 22, 2021.

Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:25 am
Forum General

Post Re: PG: Psycho Goreman
An entertaining enough low budget, horror comedy that is pretty much a love letter to those gory, B movies that came out a lot during the 70's and 80's. I didn't love it though mostly because I just couldn't get all that invested in the human characters in particular the kids who annoyed me at times, especially the sister, but Psycho Goreman himself was a really fun character and I enjoyed the hokey, old school, practical effects as well the gore.

C+

Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:19 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: PG: Psycho Goreman
Pretty much same as Dil for me as well. I wanted to love this movie because the concept is handled well and the old-school treatment of PG works very well but it does not do much with the concept in the end. Also the human characters specially the girl annoyed me till the very end. PG delivers the most comic scenes while also delivering gore.

C+

Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]