Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Run Hide Fight 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
C 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Run Hide Fight 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Run Hide Fight
Quote:
Run Hide Fight is a 2020 American action thriller film written and directed by Kyle Rankin. Starring Thomas Jane, Radha Mitchell and Isabel May, it follows a high school sieged by a quartet of school shooters.

The film had its world premiere at the Venice Film Festival on September 10, 2020. Distributed by The Daily Wire in North America, the film premiered on their platform on January 14, 2021.

Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:30 am
Forum General

Post Re: Run Hide Fight
This is basically Die Hard with school shooters and while that might not appeal to some I actually really enjoyed it from start to finish. Isabel May is just fantastically badass in this and unlike Becky which this movie is a much better version of IMO they don't go out of there way to make her a complete psychopath either.

You really do root for her character throughout and while he isn't in this a whole lot I also liked how Thomas Jane was utilized and atleast they gave him one satisfying, Punisher esque moment in the movie.

It was also pretty cool seeing actors like Treat Williams and Barbara Crampton show up in this too even if they don't get much to do and I'd say the same about Radha Mitchell who is good in her few scenes, but her character could have been fleshed out a bit more IMO, because I just didnt get much emotional resonance from them.

B+

Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:04 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

The premise is pretty good with a Die Hard scenario over school shooting but the execution and lack of proper thrills in the script makes this yet another generic entry in the sub-genre. I understand that they needed to have one antagonist but really the ENTIRE school including the teachers come out as stupid locking themselves in their classes and it must have been a very high-tech sound proof school where teachers didn't hear gunshots while in the class, also none of the students checked the live stream of multiple phones showing the kills on social media (the reactions wouldn't have been immediate but it would have been there). There is also a school announcement in middle of the movie that does not explain a thing instead asks them to stay locked down when there are MULTIPLE exits to the school.

Beside all that logic there is also the part of forced emotions with Radha Mitchell's character which is closed without any resolution. Thomas Jane's character is great and he gets great killing scene which I loved. The whole motivation behind the kills was stupid but the end is even worse where the entire police force does not hear the final gunshot and rush to the scene.

The movie has good thrills and some brutal killings and it moves at brisk pace but that does not mean its great. Isabel May gives a decent performance here but I didn't find her special here.

C

Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:40 am
Wallflower

I know it's technically irresponsible and in poor taste but whatever. I found it very entertaining. Isabel May is really good and badass. Hope to see her in more movies.

B/B+

Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]