Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 The Mauritanian 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

The Mauritanian 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post The Mauritanian
Quote:
The Mauritanian is an upcoming British-American legal thriller film directed by Kevin Macdonald from a screenplay written by M.B. Traven, Rory Haines and Sohrab Noshirvani. The film stars Jodie Foster, Tahar Rahim, Shailene Woodley, Benedict Cumberbatch and Zachary Levi. The film is set to be released in the United States on February 19, 2021.

Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:08 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

Post Re: The Mauritanian
Really liked this. I knew nothing about it going in but it was very compelling and Foster, Rahim and Woodley are all fantastic. Definitely think they could be in the awards conversation this year. B+

Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:56 am
Profile YIM
KJ's Leading Idiot

The first 90 minutes are very gripping where there is the build up towards the court case. The final 40 minutes felt very disjointed from what came before with the torture which could have easily been slowly built up towards a tense finale. That's another issue the court case and or the finale fails to leave an emotional mark but felt more like reading most of it than having gone through the pain. The performances across the board are great, Foster is brilliant and Rahim is great, Woodley left somewhere in around 80 minutes mark and never recovers from that, Cumberbatch is great but his character is not given much to do. There is also the case where we do not see these characters as people which makes it hard to root for them aside from the titular character.

B

Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:18 pm
Forum General

I thought this was pretty great and gripping throughout. Jodie Foster and Tahar Rahim are fantastic in this aswell as Cumberbatch with his Southern/Texan accent. Woodley was good in this too, but her perforamce didn't stand to me as much as the others and what a interesting/different kind of role for Zacahary Levi who I almost didn't even recognize at first.

B+

Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:49 pm
Wallflower

I thought it was great. Very riveting. Would love to see Rahim and Foster both receive Oscar nominations though neither likely will. Cumberbatch was also great. Woodley doesn't have as much to do but I did enjoy her in it.

A-

Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]