Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 The Croods: A New Age 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 75%  75%  [ 3 ]
C 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4

The Croods: A New Age 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post The Croods: A New Age

Quote:
The Croods: A New Age (also known as The Croods 2) is a 2020 American computer-animated adventure comedy film produced by DreamWorks Animation and distributed by Universal Pictures. A sequel to the 2013 film The Croods, the film was directed by Joel Crawford (in his feature directorial debut) with a screenplay by Dan Hageman, Kevin Hageman, Paul Fisher and Bob Logan from a story by the original directors Chris Sanders and Kirk DeMicco. It features the returning voices of Nicolas Cage, Emma Stone, Ryan Reynolds, Catherine Keener, Clark Duke, and Cloris Leachman, with new cast members Peter Dinklage, Leslie Mann, and Kelly Marie Tran.

The Croods: A New Age was theatrically released in the United States on November 25, 2020 after facing several delays from an original November 2017 release date. It received mixed reviews from critics.

Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:23 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: The Croods: A New Age
The movie dials the tone to 11 from the last movie and continues to go heavy on the comedy end but as the title suggests its no longer about Stone Age which I felt was the unique selling point of the first movie. It has a lot of fun but unlike the original the story feels forced and there are lot of dull moments where adults can easily check out. The visuals have a bigger pop this time and animation is gorgeous (though almost too shiny and plastic at times).

B

Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:08 pm
Forum General

A fun, enjoyable sequel that I would put about on par with the first movie. The animation is pretty beautiful and I really do love the design of the world, especially all the different creatures. It's full on comedy, but it works for me and I'd be down for another one if they are able to get this cast back.

B

Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:13 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

This was really good. Maybe relies a bit too much on comedy, but it's a worthy follow-up to the original. B+

Also, Tenacious D covered "I Think I Love You" which played near the end of the film. And Jack Black (again) & HAIM covered "We Are In This Together" during the credits. I had no idea they were on the soundtrack.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:07 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

The Croods 2 never tries to be anything more than just OK. And while it accomplishes that, you'd probably be better off spending your time with Wolfwalkers or any number of animated movies that are aiming a lot higher.

C+

Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]