Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 No Escape (2020) 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

No Escape (2020) 
Keeping it Light

Post No Escape (2020)

Quote:
No Escape, also known as Follow Me, is a 2020 American horror/thriller film. A social media personality travels with his friends to Moscow to capture new content for his successful VLOG. Always pushing the limits and catering to a growing audience, they enter a cold world of mystery, excess, and danger.

Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:15 pm
Forum General

Post Re: No Escape (2020)
I got some mindless thrills out of this one. The characters weren't very likable and the villains are the same stereotypical, euro trash goons that you've seen in plenty of other films like Hostel and Taken, but it moved at a good pace and had some decent bits of gore. I dug the twist ending too which is very reminiscent of a few films that I have seen from the 80's and 90's except with with a more clever and grim spin put on it.

C+

Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:53 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: No Escape (2020)
It was really nice and moved at brisk pace with a decent amount of gore. The initial Escape Room set pieces could have been more elaborate and inventive which brings this down. The movie takes 360 turn in second half and cat-and-mouse chase wasn't very effective. I saw the twist ending coming from the second half as there were hints dropped here and there. The final gore scene does not make sense, why would Alexei come out alone first and while it was happening no one came out to stop him? I liked the actors but other then Keegan Allen none of the actors are given enough screen time. Wished they have used more of Holland Roden's love story arc.

C

Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]