Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Home on the Range (2004) 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Home on the Range (2004) 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Home on the Range (2004)
Quote:
Home on the Range is a 2004 American animated Western musical comedy film produced by Walt Disney Feature Animation and released by Walt Disney Pictures. The 45th Disney animated feature film, it was the last 2D animated Disney film released until The Princess and the Frog in 2009. Named after the popular country song of the same name, Home on the Range features the voices of Roseanne Barr, Judi Dench, Jennifer Tilly, Cuba Gooding Jr., Randy Quaid, and Steve Buscemi. The film is set in the Old West, and centers on a mismatched trio of dairy cows—brash, adventurous Maggie; prim, proper Mrs. Caloway; and ditzy, happy-go-lucky Grace. The three cows must capture an infamous cattle rustler named Alameda Slim for his bounty in order to save their idyllic farm from foreclosure. Aiding them in their quest is Lucky Jack, a feisty, peg-legged rabbit, and a selfish horse named Buck, eagerly working in the service of Rico, a famous bounty hunter, who seeks the glory for himself.

Home on the Range was released on April 2, 2004. It received mixed reviews from critics and grossed $145.5 million at the box office.

Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:06 am
Hold the door!

Post Re: Home on the Range (2004)
This wasn’t great, but it wasn’t as bad as I’d heard. The whole thing is so frantic, it’s definitely one of Disney’s movies aimed most at little kids. The villain isn’t bad though, and it’s got a lot of fun moments and a few good laughs. But there’s not much memorable about it. The characters are eh, and the story lacks drama.

Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:16 am
The Kramer

Post Re: Home on the Range (2004)
I remember being so turned off by the trailers for this movie back in the day. And this was an era where I thought Shark Tale looked like a great time.

That being said, Home on the Range exceeded my expectations while still not being very good. The first two thirds are a slow ride that is neither easy or sleazy. None of the characters really appealed to me. But the finale is fun and the villains get what's coming to them and frontier life goes on happily ever after (for the frontiersmen anyways.)

C+

Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]