Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 The VelociPastor 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

The VelociPastor 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post The VelociPastor
Quote:
The VelociPastor is a 2017 American comedy horror action film written and directed by Brendan Steere. Steere first thought of the idea in 2010. After screening at the B-Movie, Underground, and Trash (BUT) Film Festival on August 31, 2018, the film was released in the United States on August 13, 2019 by Wild Eye Releasing.

Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:54 am
The Kramer

Post Re: The VelociPastor
One can have two reactions to hearing about a movie called The VelociPastor. 1) That sounds shitty and I never want to hear about it again or 2) That sounds shitty and I want to watch it right now. And the movie delivers what both of these people would expect, terrible CGI (at one point it just says VFX Burning Car instead of showing the car) combined with hilariously bad lines such as "That's what parents do - They die" , "I don't believe you. Dinosaurs never existed. And even if they did, I don't turn into one" and of course "Janey if you stuffed dicks in your mouth like you do that sandwich then I'd be a millionaire!" The actual dinosaur turns out to look like a mini version of the Toronto raptors mascot. This was meant to be a wreck,

What nobody would expect - it is actually kind of a good movie, and not just in a so-bad-its-good way. It's basically just a crime fighting werewolf who happens to turn into a dinosaur instead of a dog. There are several heartfelt moments that could have been undercut by violence or comedy, yet they choose to just let them stay is. I actually cared about the two main characters and the romance shared between a priest and a prostitute (who is only turning tricks to pay for med school). The ninjas also could have just been throwaway racist villains, but instead they add depth, broken families and a sinister plan that actually made more sense than the majority of theatrical releases. "What does cocaine have to do with Christianity? EVERYTHING!" I never once rooted for the deaths of the "good guys" and how often can you say that in a B-creature feature? Definitely would have felt more at home alongside Machete and Planet Terror in the Grindhouse than on the ScyFy network.

B+

Highly anticipating the sequel/prequel/next portion of the expanded universe - Outbreak Dracula.

Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:50 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: The VelociPastor
I am in Group 1 though not sure if I'm interested to watch this :P

Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]