Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 The Outpost 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

The Outpost 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post The Outpost
Quote:
The Outpost is a 2020 American war drama film directed by Rod Lurie, based on a 2012 non-fiction book, The Outpost: An Untold Story of American Valor by Jake Tapper about the Battle of Kamdesh. It stars Orlando Bloom, Scott Eastwood, Caleb Landry Jones, Milo Gibson, and Jack Kesy.

The film was scheduled to premiere at the 2020 South by Southwest Film Festival, but the festival was cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. It was released via video on demand, as well as in select theaters, on July 3, 2020. The film received positive reviews from critics, with praise for the battle sequences and respectful depiction of the soldiers.

Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:03 pm
Forum General

Post Re: The Outpost
A pretty solid war drama. Caleb Landry Jones is fantastic in this and I thought the final battle sequence was quite epic, gripping and visceral. Hell even Scott Eastwood turned out a decent performance, although if your expecting a big role for Orlando Bloom you might be disappointed.

B

Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:40 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

I thought it was well done. The last hour is great. Curious as to what the budget was because it felt very polished. B

Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:00 am
Profile YIM
KJ's Leading Idiot

I didn't connect with it much. While the last hour and battle scenes are done REALLY well, the deaths in particular were surprising and brutal, its just very safe in execution. The script checks all the boxes and doesn't give enough depth or builds characters you can root for. Performance wise it was good even great but by the time the action begins the movie had already lost me. There was a great real life story but it could have been better with more focus.

Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]