Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Arkansas 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Arkansas 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Arkansas

Quote:
Arkansas is an upcoming American thriller film, directed by Clark Duke in his directorial debut, from a screenplay by Duke and Andrew Boonkrong. It stars Liam Hemsworth, Duke, Michael Kenneth Williams, Vivica A. Fox, Eden Brolin, Chandler Duke, John Malkovich and Vince Vaughn. It is based on the novel Arkansas by John Brandon

It is scheduled to be released on May 1, 2020, by Lionsgate.

Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:06 pm
Forum General

Post Re: Arkansas
This was a pretty decent crime/drama. Never been a big fan of Clark Duke, but I liked him in this, although his directing skills definitely need some more polishing. Vince Vaughn and Eden Brolin are easily the standouts when it comes to the performances though. I never knew Josh Brolin's daughter could actually act and while most people have been critical of Vince Vaughn's more serious work in the past I honestly do believe he gave a really solid performance here. Liam Hemsworth is easily the weakest of the bunch, but I could at least tolerate him in this. John Malkovich, Vivica A. Fox and Michael Kenneth Williams were entertaining in there little supporting roles as well.

C+

Tue May 05, 2020 12:17 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: Arkansas
Just another run of the mill crime/drama with uneven pacing and direction. Vince Vaughn was great in this though rest of the cast was sleep walking in this. The leads and their friendship is not earned enough which is what brings down the final emotional core. Given the star cast this was a wasted opportunity.

Sat May 09, 2020 4:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]