Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Bad Education 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Bad Education 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Bad Education

Quote:
Bad Education is a 2019 American comedy-drama film directed by Cory Finley with a screenplay by Mike Makowsky based on the New York magazine article The Bad Superintendent by Robert Kolker. It stars Hugh Jackman, Allison Janney, Geraldine Viswanathan, Alex Wolff, Rafael Casal, Stephen Spinella, Annaleigh Ashford and Ray Romano.

It had its world premiere on September 9, 2019 at the Toronto International Film Festival, where it received positive reviews with critics praising Makowsky's screenplay and especially the performances of Jackman and Janney. It was released on April 25, 2020, by HBO Films.

Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:01 pm
Forum General

Post Re: Bad Education
God damn is Hugh Jackman great in this. I didn't believe the hype at first, but he really does deliver a stellar performance in this movie and Allison Janney is equally fantastic as well. Both deserve some kind of awards recognition IMO, but since this was a movie made for HBO I have no idea how likely that would actually be. The rest of the supporting cast weren't slouches either and it so awesome seeing Ray Ramano getting this level of work between this and The Irishman.

I mean in itself it's a very good film, but I was definitely more hooked by the acting on display here than the story, but I wouldn't call that a bad thing at all.

A-

Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:48 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

This was absolutely brilliant. Loved every minute of it. Hugh Jackman and Allison Janney deliver some of their best work ever. A

Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:38 am
Profile YIM
Rachel McAdams Fan

Dil wrote:
Both deserve some kind of awards recognition IMO, but since this was a movie made for HBO I have no idea how likely that would actually be.

It actually wasn't made for HBO and premiered at TIFF last year, HBO just paid a fortune to acquire it.

Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:38 am
Profile YIM
KJ's Leading Idiot

Thanks for the recommendation Dil. This was indeed great. Hugh Jackman was very good in this. Allison Janney was great but she wasn't there much. The whole story could have been dull but its handled very well and then the actors carry the rest of the movie. The supporting cast wasn't as good as no one stands out. The personal part of Jackman's life needed more build up.

Sat May 09, 2020 4:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]