Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Bloodshot 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Bloodshot 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Bloodshot

Quote:
Bloodshot is a 2020 American superhero film based on the Valiant Comics character of the same name. It is intended to be the first installment in a series of films set within a Valiant Comics shared cinematic universe.[2] Directed by David S. F. Wilson (in his feature directorial debut) from a screenplay by Jeff Wadlow and Eric Heisserer and a story by Wadlow,[3] the film stars Vin Diesel, Eiza González, Sam Heughan, Toby Kebbell, and Guy Pearce. It follows a marine who was killed-in-action, only to be brought back to life with superpowers by an organization that wants to use him as a weapon.

Development of a Bloodshot film began in 2012, with Jared Leto originally in talks to star in July 2017. In March 2018, Diesel was hired to portray the title role, and the rest of the cast joined over the following months. Filming commenced in South Africa in August 2018, lasting through October.

Bloodshot is scheduled to be theatrically released in the United States on March 13, 2020, by Sony Pictures Releasing.

Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:00 am
Forum General

Post Re: Bloodshot
I thought this was incredibly mediocre. Not awful or the worst thing I've seen all year, but I already know I'll forget everything about it within a week. Vin Diesel was so one note and awful here that it wasn't even funny and I know he gets a lot of flack for his performances in the F&F films, but man imagine Dominic Toretto with even less of a personality. Eiza Gonzalez and Guy Pierce were easily the best parts of this and I honestly wish they had made Eiza the lead, because at least her character was more interesting and likable and not to mention more badass than Diesel IMO. Some of the action was kind of cool though, but we've most of it in the trailers. Also, this really should have been an R-rated film. They could have gotten so much more creative with the action, but nope they play it safe and it's all mostly generic CGI enhanced action sequences.

C-

Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:50 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Agree with Dil. This was mediocre, the only thing that was decent was the twist in the first half after which this becomes a dull actioner with not logic even though the story had potential. Eiza Gonzalez was indeed great in this and steals the show. Diesel and Heughen are both bad in this, very surprised for the later as he is good in Outlander (from a few episodes I saw of that series). Guy Pierce was good as well but his character is too one note. The falling escalator CGI scenes in the end as well as the first scene with red smoke are choreographed very well but nothing that hasn't been done in the past.

Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:08 am
Keeping it Light

This is isn't very good indeed, the special effects and action are not bad, but comparing it to other recent action films I saw it just comes up short and it's pretty bland. Eiza is probably the best thing about it, Kebell is good in a small role too, but Guy Pearce is kinda wasted and doesn't get much to work with. There are some entertaining moments, but Vin is average and that quite sets the tone for the film in general.

C+

Wed May 20, 2020 2:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]