Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Honey Boy 

Rate This Film
A 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Honey Boy 
KJ's Leading Pundit

Post Honey Boy

Quote:
Honey Boy is a 2019 American drama film directed by Alma Har'el (in her narrative feature directorial debut) with a screenplay by Shia LaBeouf, based on his childhood and his relationship with his father. The film stars LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges, Noah Jupe and FKA Twigs.

LaBeouf originally wrote the script as a form of therapy while in rehab. The project was announced in March 2018, and the cast was filled out over the next two months. Filming took place in Los Angeles over the course of about three weeks.

Honey Boy had its world premiere at the Sundance Film Festival on January 25, 2019 and was released on November 8, 2019, by Amazon Studios.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:46 am
Forum General

Post Re: Honey Boy
Holy shit is Shia phenomenal in this. I don't think I have ever witnessed two performances be so different between his role in this and Peanut Butter Falcon, but I'm glad I watched both back to back. It's bleak as hell, but at the same time so damn engaging and riveting. Every scene between him and Noah Jupe was aces with the Lucas Hedges stuff easily being the weakest. Not saying it was bad, because this might actually be one of his better performances IMO, but it was surprising to me just how little time was spent on his story, although it's probably for the best considering how powerful those scenes are with him as a kid. Their is just so much to lover here from the performances, to the cinematography and direction and of course the writing which is also exceptionally well written by Shia and I'd definitely love to see him write and potentially direct more stuff.

A

Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]