Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Bad Boys for Life 

Rate this film:
A 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
B 60%  60%  [ 3 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 5

Bad Boys for Life 
Keeping it Light

Post Bad Boys for Life

Quote:
Bad Boys for Life is a 2020 American action comedy film directed by Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah, produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, Will Smith and Doug Belgrad, and starring Smith and Martin Lawrence. The sequel to Bad Boys II (2003) and the third installment in the Bad Boys franchise, the film follows detectives Mike Lowrey and Marcus Burnett reuniting once again when someone starts murdering people involved in an old case. The film co-stars Vanessa Hudgens, Alexander Ludwig, Charles Melton, Paola Núñez, Kate del Castillo, Nicky Jam, and Joe Pantoliano.

A third Bad Boys film was discussed after the success of the second, with Michael Bay stating he would be interested in returning to direct but budget constraints would make it difficult. The film went through several attempts at development over the next decade, with various writers and directors attached. The project was announced in October 2018, and filming took place from January through June 2019 in Atlanta, Miami and Mexico City.

Bad Boys for Life was theatrically released in the United States on January 17, 2020, by Sony Pictures Releasing through Columbia Pictures.

Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:46 am
Forum General

Post Re: Bad Boys for Life
Man this was so much damn fun. Will Smith and Martin Lawrence's chemistry is still on point even after all these years and the action sequences are really well done, especially in the second half. I am definitely down for a fourth movie and I also hope Ammo returns, because I ended up enjoying those characters a lot more than I thought I would. Alexander Ludwig was great here and my god at what they did with Vanessa Hudgens. Not only did she look insanely hot this entire movie, but she got to kick a lot of ass as well which was awesome to see.

B+

Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:55 am
Dont Mess with the Gez

Nice. Look forward to seeing it then.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:53 am
Extraordinary

I thought this was a lot stronger than the first two.

Also... er, spoilers, but is the dude that plays the son not half black? Lol wtf

Also it seems like they made the first one take place after '96 as the son was supposedly born in '96 when the first one came out in '95 but... I guess lol

Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:11 pm
The Kramer

This is basically Fast and the Furious with the cast of Bad Boys but god damn if that doesn't work well. The action scenes miss Michael Bay a little bit, but the dramatic scenes do not. I even got choked up during the big death scene. The franchise is alive again and I'm so glad they pulled it off.

Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:38 pm
Keeping it Light

Despite this sequel missing Bay, the new guys pick it up quite well and though it might miss some of the style, the humor and overall action is still there to make this one of the most fun films of the year so far. Smith deservedly hits on another success again and it's with the help and chemistry of Lawrence who shows he can still be great as a second lead as least. Paola Nuñez is just a smoke show, the young AMMO squad is not misplaced either and not to forget Pantoliano to add a bit more of nostalgia to it as well. The thread of Mexican baddies is pretty well written on one end, the lover connection is fine though, but I found it a bit too much and corny for the kid to be Smith's son on the other end. But anyway, it's a cool and quick paced film, I'd be happy to see another one.

B+

Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]