Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Little Women (2019) 

Rate this film:
A 50%  50%  [ 3 ]
B 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 6

Little Women (2019) 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Little Women (2019)

Quote:
Little Women is a 2019 American coming-of-age period drama film written and directed by Greta Gerwig. It is the eighth film adaptation of the 1868 novel of the same name by Louisa May Alcott. The film stars Saoirse Ronan, Emma Watson, Florence Pugh, Eliza Scanlen, Laura Dern, Timothée Chalamet, Tracy Letts, Bob Odenkirk, James Norton, Louis Garrel, Chris Cooper, and Meryl Streep.

Little Women had its world premiere at the Museum of Modern Art in New York City on December 7, 2019, and was theatrically released in the United States on December 25, 2019, by Sony Pictures Releasing. The film has received critical acclaim and was chosen by both the American Film Institute and Time magazine as one of the top ten films of 2019. At the 77th Golden Globe Awards, it received two nominations, including Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Drama for Ronan.

Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:08 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

Post Re: Little Women (2019)
Really lovely. The entire cast is fantastic, but the MVPs are definitely Ronan and Pugh.

Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:03 pm
Profile YIM
Extraordinary

I've seen this twice and watched the Winona version yesterday... damn this one is so much better. Think the back and forth between times makes this one more engaging and the characters feel more fleshed out, especially with Amy. Florence Pugh kills it.

Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:34 pm
Indiana Jones IV

I adored this. So well done, beautiful to be in. The family felt extremely lived in... warm, authentic, fiery, comfortable, tender, nostagic, familiar... The portrait of this family’s emotional lives felt very genuine, intentionally crafted and delivered with human grace. The whole production was gorgeous and heartfelt: the score, direction, acting, everything. Huge props to the whole crew who put this together.

One of my favorite movie experiences this year.

A

Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:30 pm
Grill

Little Women is an absolute triumph. The powerhouse performances from Saoirse Ronan, Florence Pugh, Emma Watson and Eliza Scanlen cannot be understated. The heart this film has is undeniable and it had me grinning from ear to ear and crying throughout. Greta Gerwig has made something truly great and I can't wait to see it again.

This is my favorite film of the year.

A+

Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:50 pm
The Kramer

I would have struggled with this one if not for Saoirse. She is great as usual though and it makes the movie enjoyable enough. Pugh is good too. I'm not sure why Emma Watson was the only one with a British accent.

Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:31 am
Devil's Advocate

This is pretty delightful, Gerwig’s directing is gorgeous and Ronan, Pugh and Chalamet (who got underrated in awards season) were all great. I will say however that earlier in the film when you had scenes like Amy burning her book, Jo being kind of narcissistically attached to her writing, and Teddy being weirdly rude at times, it hinted a deeper and more real family conflict than the second half of the movie really showed. The pretty foreign boyfriend with the romcom get together felt like it was from a different movie and made you wonder if Louisa May Alcott’s publisher really did demand the heroine gets married, and Jo and Amy/Teddy got on even terms pretty easily all things considered.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:34 am
Hold the door!

I really liked this a lot. I enjoy films of this type, and the characters in this one were really good. Made me want to read the novel.

A-

Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]