Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 The Djinn 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

The Djinn 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post The Djinn
Quote:
The Djinn is a 2021 American supernatural horror film directed and written by David Charbonier and Justin Powell. The film stars Ezra Dewey, Rob Brownstein and Tevy Poe.[1] It was released in the United States in select theaters and through video on demand on May 14, 2021, by IFC Midnight.[1] The film received positive reviews from critics, with praise directed at Dewey's performance.

Sun May 16, 2021 2:29 am
Forum General

Post Re: The Djinn
A pretty decent supernatural horror/thriller, but once again I really don't get the outstanding praise this is getting from critics. I mean its basically a horror version of Home Alone which is something I do think can work, but I didn't feel the execution was all the way there for this. I really liked the mute kid's peformance in this though and there are some genuinally creepy/tense moments in this involving the creature, but the payoff at the end was really weak IMO.

C+

Mon May 17, 2021 2:57 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: The Djinn
Its decent horror thriller with a good concept but it never achieves greatness with the scares. I understand why the critics are loving this because its hard to send a message with horror movie which it does nicely but overall its too slight on horror at times. Ezra Dewey does fine but I felt any other actor could have easily replaced him which was also the biggest concern as the movie never uses the character much (even though it tries hard with the repeated mother arc). When the movie starts there are some really creepy moments but then they become repetitive specially the mother's arc but it does end things nicely.

C+

Tue May 18, 2021 2:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]