Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Pain and Glory 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Pain and Glory 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Pain and Glory

Quote:
Pain and Glory (Spanish: Dolor y gloria) is a 2019 Spanish drama film directed and written by Pedro Almodóvar.] It stars Antonio Banderas, Asier Etxeandia, Penélope Cruz, Julieta Serrano and Leonardo Sbaraglia.

The film was released in Spain on 22 March 2019 to generally positive reviews. It made its international debut at the 2019 Cannes Film Festival, where the film was selected to compete for the Palme d’Or, while Banderas won the award for Best Actor and Alberto Iglesias won for Best Soundtrack. Pain and Glory has been selected as the Spanish entry for the Best International Feature Film at the 92nd Academy Awards.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:01 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: Pain and Glory
This is such a wonderful film and while I didn't think Antonio Banderas was awards worthy he is still great in this. Penelope Cruz is wonderful in a small role though these are the kind of roles she can do in her sleep. A lot of things happen towards the last 15 minutes of the movie which I believe aren't introduced organically. I liked the story of the young Salvador better than the real life one. The score here is wonderful as well if at times underused.

B+

Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]