Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 I Care a Lot 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
C 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

I Care a Lot 
Keeping it Light

Post I Care a Lot

Quote:
I Care a Lot is a 2020 thriller film written and directed by J Blakeson. It stars Rosamund Pike, Peter Dinklage, Eiza González, Chris Messina, and Dianne Wiest.

The film had its world premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival on September 12, 2020.

Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:09 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

Post Re: I Care a Lot
This was a twisted and hilarious blast. Rosamund Pike is in top form here and gives her best performance since Gone Girl. A-

Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:59 pm
Profile YIM
KJ's Leading Idiot

Rosamund Pike gives another brilliant performance and I liked the overall tone of this movie but I believe the movie takes a weird 360 turn in the end for worse. We needed to see the transformation of Dinklage's character here and it felt the decision was script manipulation rather than something that was carried throughout the movie. I didn't love Dinklage here as much and Gonzalez, Messina are pretty much wasted here.

B-

Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:52 am
Star Trek XI

Loved this! Rosamund Pike is amazing and Marla is an awful person but a badass and a great antiheroine

Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:03 am
Forum General

Rosamund Pike is great in this, but I found this insanely frustrating to sit through. Her character is so unlikable and its hard for me to get invested in a movie when the main character is such a despicable, piece of shit. I also thought that while the performances across the board were pretty solid the script itself was pretty weak and relied a bit too heavily on certain characters being idiots and making bad decisions one after the other.

Atleast, the ending was satisfying though.

C+

Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:48 pm
Star Trek XI

Dil wrote:
Rosamund Pike is great in this, but I found this insanely frustrating to sit through. Her character is so unlikable and its hard for me to get invested in a movie when the main character is such a despicable, piece of shit. I also thought that while the performances across the board were pretty solid the script itself was pretty weak and relied a bit too heavily on certain characters being idiots and making bad decisions one after the other.

Atleast, the ending was satisfying though.

C+

Do you think Marla was the worst person in the story? I hated her and loved her at the same time lol I was kinda rooting for her in a fictional sense during the movie, of course IRL they’re both fucking awful but Rosamund is such a great actress and gives her some depth

Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:57 pm
Keeping it Light

I enjoyed this a lot, it's a bit weird with how it goes OTT in some aspects, but the darkly comedic gist of it works really well. Pike is of course great in it and I love the soundtrack.

B+

Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:26 am
100% That Bitch

B+
Pike completely eats this movie

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]