Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Rambo: Last Blood 

Rate this film:
A 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
B 75%  75%  [ 3 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4

Rambo: Last Blood 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Rambo: Last Blood

Quote:
Rambo: Last Blood (also known as Rambo V[2][3] and Rambo V: Last Blood[4]) is an upcoming American action thriller film directed by Adrian Grunberg and co-written by Sylvester Stallone, who also reprises his role as Vietnam War veteran John Rambo. A sequel to Rambo (2008) and the fifth installment in the Rambo franchise, it co-stars Paz Vega, Sergio Peris-Mencheta, Adriana Barraza, Yvette Monreal, Genie Kim, Joaquín Cosío, and Oscar Jaenada. In the film, Rambo travels to Mexico to save his niece, who has been kidnapped by a Mexican cartel.

Plans for a fifth film were announced on and off again since 2008, with different iterations developed and cancelled until production finally began in October 2018, with Grunberg directing the film. Principal photography began in October 2018 in Bulgaria, and ended in December 2018. Rambo: Last Blood is scheduled to be released on September 20, 2019, by Lionsgate.

Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:42 pm
Forum General

Post Re: Rambo: Last Blood
Well I actually ended up enjoying this quite a bit, although I definitely think it's the weakest film in the franchise. Whenever Stallone is on screen it's great and the last 20 minutes of carnage is just the kind of gnarly, adrenaline fueled action that you want out of these kinds of movies, but man is the rest of it kind of rough. I didn't find the villains in this the least bit interesting or all that intimidating, and while I was never offended by the depiction of these cartel guys a lot of it is honestly pretty badly written, and they really do end up feeling more like caricatures than characters.

B-

Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:06 pm
Deshi Basara

I expected very little from this movie, but it delivered more or less exactly what I wanted from it and more or less exactly what it promised.

Most Impressive Openings: Honorable Mentions

Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:26 pm
Keeping it Light

It's a neat sequel to Rambo, though I was hoping it would get closer to the quality of the original trilogy. The film is rather pedestrian in the first half, it's nice to see Rambo at relative peace in his old age, but about half a film passes without us learning anything more about a tormented character. The actress playing his maid's grand daughter is good, but Paz Vega is pretty wasted. The 2 human trafficker brothers are decent villains, but it's just a bit of weak story all together. I'm not really sure what or how they should've made this Rambo film, but it just doesn't hit very high notes overall. The film does all the violence right though, the shot of the chopped off head is batshit cool and it continues at a better pace the rest of the way. it's very cool seeing Rambo set-up the traps and execute during his home's invasion. I like it a bit more than Rambo, but I'm also left with just feeling that the film leaves stuff on the table in utilizing Rambo. I sneakily hope for another film of him.

B

Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:48 pm
We had our time together

It's definately a step down from the last one. The emotional scenes didn't work very well and the movie felt incredibly rushed at times. The "home alone" finale wasn't nearly as exciting as I hoped for either. It wasn't a bad movie overall, there was just so much wasted potential. I'm still hoping for another one.

Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:33 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]