Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 London Has Fallen 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 38%  38%  [ 3 ]
C 50%  50%  [ 4 ]
D 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 8

London Has Fallen 
Let's Call It A Bromance

Post London Has Fallen
London Has Fallen

Quote:
London Has Fallen is a 2016 American action thriller film directed by Babak Najafi and written by Creighton Rothenberger, Katrin Benedikt, Chad St. John, and Christian Gudegast. It is a sequel to Antoine Fuqua's 2013 film Olympus Has Fallen and stars Gerard Butler, Aaron Eckhart, and Morgan Freeman, with Alon Moni Aboutboul, Angela Bassett, Robert Forster, Melissa Leo, Radha Mitchell and Charlotte Riley in supporting roles.

Filming began on October 24, 2014, in London, a Christmas break started in November with filming resuming in February 2015. London Has Fallen is set to be released on March 4, 2016 by Focus Features under their recently revived Gramercy Pictures label.

Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:59 pm
Profile WWW
Superman: The Movie

Post Re: London Has Fallen
The first was fun. This? Not so much.

** (C)

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:13 pm
Profile WWW
Top Poster

Good follow-up that ups the ante from the first one. Keeps you on the edge of your seat the entire time and the final battle will have you wanting to whip put your favorite game controller to join in on the action. Check your believability at the door and you will enjoy it for what it is.

Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:39 am
Extraordinary

LONDON HAS FALLEN

I was looking forward to this because it looked bigger and better. While the film did have a bigger scope it seems and more action it just felt empty. This probably isn't a fair crit but the whole setup was ultra preposterous. I felt like Olympus had some semblance of reality yet this one was over the top. I also wasn't happy with the acting of Butler and the line delivery or just lines in general. I did actually enjoy most of the action especially the final action sequences which felt like it was out of Call of Duty. I liked how they brought back alot of the original cast as well. This was a kind of a disappointment. I was actually thinking about where could they do this next but after this I'm not keen on it anymore.

Grade - C

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:12 pm
Forum General

Other than the last 20 minutes this was just an ok sequel. I had a good enough time, but I enjoyed the first one more. Despite the bigger scope it never really feels big and like nghtvsn said the majority of the action has an emptiness to it, especially during that first attack sequence where there was an overabundance of bad CGI everywhere. Eckhart and Butler are in fine form and I like how they added a bit of sadism to Butler's character. I wouldn't mind seeing him do another movie, but can we please get better villians next time and not the rejects from the Taken movies.

Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:20 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

This was a missed opportunity. The first one made us fell for the characters and while this tried to play by the same cards it comes out hollow. The action sequences were bigger and louder but less attention holding and lasted longer than required. I liked Bassett's turn but she isn't there for a long time in the movie.

3/10

Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:37 pm
now we know

Just as good as the first. I enjoyed this very much. I mean, sure, it's a steady feast of action movie conventions and a bad script, but I don't care what people say, the "Has Fallen" series is a blast, and as an action movie fan it's great to get back to theatrically-released, serious action movies. That's especially what I love about them; the jokes are few-and-very-far-between. For the most part it's just a gung-ho action adventure and it doesn't get bogged down in semantics, politics, or comedy. The film is not without fault, obviously. The pedestal placing of the USA and the President is particularly annoying, and, among other things, the way it hacks its way through International law etc. is indicative of a bad script writer, but none of this matters. London Has Fallen has impressive set pieces, big explosions, exciting action, and is a fast-paced actioner like we don't get much of anymore.

It reminded me of Rambo III in many ways (the main character having to save his boss, and even the banter between Eckhart and Butler shares ground) and Butler says "Stay here, I'll be back" and "Get to the chopper" which further makes me associate it with the action classics of yesteryear. Gerard Butler is a fantastic action star, and the filmmakers could've maximised his potential. The final gun fight is very exciting, even if it was in the dark! This film gets so much right on a visual and pacing level, but fails in terms of narrative ambition.

B+

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:37 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

This was fine. Had some good action moments. I especially enjoyed the slamming of the motorcycle dude into the overpass.

But man this was a little too "bro"y.

C+

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:55 pm
Keeping it Light

Pure action films seem to have become a dying breed, so it was nice to hear a sequel to Olympus, one of the best films of 2013, was being made. It took me a while to watch this and London is not a slick as Olympus, and it's a bit more predictable, but it still brings the action and Butler is just uber cool. I had a very good time with this, the right mix of humor, gun fights and an exciting pace. I'm a fan of this series.

B+

Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:40 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

You don't go into these movies for storyline but the movie focuses only on action scenes which are good but needs few things in between to hold them out.

Sat May 09, 2020 5:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]