Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Rocketman 

Grade?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 75%  75%  [ 3 ]
C 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4

Rocketman 
now we know

Post Rocketman

Quote:
Rocketman is a biographical musical drama based on the life of musician Elton John. The film is directed by Dexter Fletcher and written by Lee Hall. It stars Taron Egerton as John, with Jamie Bell, Richard Madden, and Bryce Dallas Howard. The film follows John's early days as a prodigy at the Royal Academy of Music up to his eventual musical partnership with Bernie Taupin. The film is titled after John's 1972 song "Rocket Man".

Rocketman premiered at the Cannes Film Festival on 16 May 2019, and was released in the United Kingdom on 22 May 2019 and in the United States on 31 May 2019 by Paramount Pictures.

Mon May 06, 2019 12:31 am
Profile WWW
Rachel McAdams Fan

Post Re: Rocketman
Had no idea this was a musical a la Moulin Rouge but once I settled into that it was enjoyable although a little too long. The musical numbers are really well-done for the most part and Taron Egerton is pretty fantastic. Definitely worth seeing and better than Bohemian Rhapsody by a landslide. B+

Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:14 pm
Profile YIM
Extraordinary

Taron Egerton is amazing in this. He better be nominated next year

Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:12 am
llegó a la casa vía marítima

Taron Egerton gave the performance of the year (and it helps that he's delicious). This was so much better than Bohemian Rhapsody with the disturbing-looking Rami Malek.

Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:55 am
Cream of the Crop

Barrabás wrote:
Taron Egerton gave the performance of the year (and it helps that he's delicious). This was so much better than Bohemian Rhapsody with the disturbing-looking Rami Malek.

Racist / wife beater.

Ator: I love you.
Sunya: And I love you.
Ator: Why can't we marry?
Sunya: Ator, we are brother and sister.
Ator: I'll talk with our father.

Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:46 am
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

Damn Taron Egerton has to be locked up at the Oscars.

He lifts this movie up so good.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:11 pm
Defeats all expectations

I saw this in a not exactly quiet environment. I thought this was more musical and stylish than Bohemian Rhapsody. But BR's story was more closely tied to Queen's music career than this to Elton John's. This was more about an anti-OD message and John's self-searching journey that was a little detached from the music.

Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:06 pm
Keeping it Light

I watched this on a plane 2 weeks ago and liked to a good extent. It's a better made music bio than Bohemian Rhapsody, though I still prefer the latter because it simply has better songs. It was interesting to see Elton's life from a young music prodigy to global super star. I think they highlighted pretty much the most important parts, which seems to be his narcotic use time when he was at his most famous too. Though it might have only spanned less than half of his career, as he continued to make music and pretty much settled down to an easier lifestyle. He certainly seems to be one of the more extravagant artists of his time, but I don't think he left an impact on my taste in music much and therefor I wasn't wholly engaged in the film either. But it's entertaining for what it is.

B

Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]