Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 The Secret Life of Pets 2 

Grade?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 2

The Secret Life of Pets 2 
now we know

Post The Secret Life of Pets 2

Quote:
The Secret Life of Pets 2 is an American 3D computer animated comedy film produced by Illumination, directed by Chris Renaud, co-directed by Jonathan Del Val, and written by Brian Lynch. It is the sequel to The Secret Life of Pets (2016) and the second feature film in the franchise. The film features the voice talents of Eric Stonestreet, Kevin Hart, Jenny Slate, Ellie Kemper, Lake Bell, Dana Carvey, Hannibal Buress, Bobby Moynihan, and Renaud reprising their roles from the first film, whilst new cast members include Patton Oswalt (replacing Louis C.K.), Tiffany Haddish, Nick Kroll and Harrison Ford (in his first animated film role).

The film was released on June 7, 2019 by Universal Pictures.

Wed May 22, 2019 1:53 am
Profile WWW
Veteran

Post Re: The Secret Life of Pets 2
I still see profitability based on OS grosses alone. Still, Universal will have to make a tough decision re: whether to greenlight Pets 3. Even if Pets 3 declines from 2, it could theoretically still break even but that's a risk.

I was blind, but now I see.

Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:41 pm
Extraordinary

lilmac wrote:
I still see profitability based on OS grosses alone. Still, Universal will have to make a tough decision re: whether to greenlight Pets 3. Even if Pets 3 declines from 2, it could theoretically still break even but that's a risk.

This is a review thread doe :|

Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:48 pm
The Antichrist

publicenemy#1 wrote:
lilmac wrote:

This is a review thread doe :|

That was just to post something I guess, as I don't think there's anybody dumb enough here to (re)view this crap.

Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:38 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

I may see this with my child in a few weeks for his first theater trip. I'll review either then, or when I rent it on redbox.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:26 am
Extraordinary

I saw it. If they never make another one good riddance. This one might even be worse than the first.

Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:31 am
Defeats all expectations

After seeing it, I think I understand why it made less than half of its predecessor's total. It did not have a main plot like the first movie or any other movies. It had three parallel plots (farm trip, Busy Bee, circus tiger) each with very little to do with the others like a network tv episode. This usually does not work well with movie audiences.

It was an entertaining and mindless movie. It dropped tidbits about cats and dogs here and there that often resonated with real life. As a cartoon for kids (by the way, this one is less violent and warmer than the first), this one was more mature than those cutesy Dog's Purpose movies.

70/100

Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:15 am
Keeping it Light

A very meh sequel. I didn't love the first film but it was pretty fresh and fun with a better story. Pets 2 doesn't really go anywhere, it's light and the animals are still a bit cute but for the most part it's a chore to watch.

C-

Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]