Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 King of Thieves 

Grade?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

King of Thieves 
now we know

Post King of Thieves

Quote:
King of Thieves is a 2018 British crime film based on the Hatton Garden safe deposit burglary of 2015. Directed by James Marsh, the film stars Michael Caine, Tom Courtenay, Michael Gambon, Charlie Cox, Jim Broadbent, Paul Whitehouse and Ray Winstone.

Mon May 20, 2019 9:17 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Post Re: King of Thieves
A run-of-the-mill heist film with old codgers instead of Danny Ocean and co., but I enjoyed it for it charms. It feels rushed and a bit sketchy but I think the director chose that style to counter against and ensure it was not a slow-moving old fogey ensemble. It could have been better edited. But I particularly liked Michael Caine and Jim Broadbent's hard man characters. It makes a change from being gentle, wise or foolish old men. I don't think Caine has a line in the film without using the word "fuck". Winstone does a Michael Caine impression, which isn't bad. But the film feels very formulaic. They do the robbery, a bit of bickering, and they get caught. Nothing much to get your teeth into. No quirks. Not a lot of fun. And then no trial afterwards. It just ends with them all in suits walking to court, I guess.

Anyway, it is sung out by Jamie Cullum's "The Man", which is a top song that sort of embodies the personality of most of the characters.

Mon May 20, 2019 9:20 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]