Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 The Wolf of Snow Hollow 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

The Wolf of Snow Hollow 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post The Wolf of Snow Hollow
Quote:
The Wolf of Snow Hollow is a 2020 American comedy horror film written and directed by Jim Cummings and starring Robert Forster in his final film role. The film is scheduled to be released in limited theaters and on VOD on October 9, 2020 by United Artists Releasing.

Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:46 pm
Forum General

Post Re: The Wolf of Snow Hollow
I quite enjoyed this one, but I feel most people are really going to be disappointed with the finale. The twist is something that's going to be divisive no matter what, but I honestly liked it and to me it made the ending even more satisfying. I haven't seen anything done by Jim Cummings before, but he was good in this even though his character is pretty much a dick to everyone. It was also great seeing Robert Forester again and a part of me kind of wished that he was the lead, but at least he wasn't wasted. The werewolf isn't in this a whole lot either, but when it is onscreen I found it really effective and I dug the practical suit they used for it in the film. The humor is probably the weakest aspect of this film, although it did get some chuckles out of me.

B-

Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:02 pm
https://horrorbuzz.com/2020/10/09/the-w ... ting-lead/

The *constant* screaming from lead cop Jim Cummings (also the writer & director) grows from a thorn in The Wolf of Snow Hollow’s side to a hunting knife right through the gut, largely overwhelming everything else on display. It’s especially frustrating because, putting his shining example of everything wrong with police officers & some odd editing/tonal issues aside a moment, there’s almost a pretty good werewolf movie in here.

Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:44 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Agreed with above reviews there was no reason for the constant screaming from Jim Cummings though I guess it did at times throw me off from the villain here but then the story never followed in that direction. It uses its budget nicely to create a spine tingling atmosphere at times whenever the werewolf is on screen. The gore here was surprisingly great.

B-

Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]