Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 The Trip to Spain 

Rate This Film
A 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

The Trip to Spain 
KJ's Leading Pundit

Post The Trip to Spain

Quote:
Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon embark on a six-part episodic road trip through Spain, sampling the restaurants, eateries, and sights along the way.

Director: Michael Winterbottom

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:24 pm
Cream of the Crop

Post Re: The Trip to Spain
I'm happy I got the call to ride along on The Trip to Spain - the third film in the series. It's great to sit in the car with Steve and Rob or have another great dinner with them and enjoy their far-ranging banter, stories, and of course, impressions. Their fake backstories are fun to a point, but they almost seem to be getting a little too caught up in them now - they need to be edited tighter in this feature format. Still, for those dozen or more moments in this film where their dialogue takes flight into absurd perfection, I'll be sure to keep tagging along on future trips. *A-*

Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:31 pm
Cream of the Crop

I just read an intriguing fun fact on good old Wikipedia!

Quote:
Coogan and Brydon's roles as fictionalised versions of themselves [in The Trip series] are a continuation of their improvised performances in the film A Cock and Bull Story (2005), also directed by Michael Winterbottom.

I did not know that.

So... Steve Coogen and Rob Brydon are still playing the same Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon roles they originally created in A Cock and Bull Story?

Brilliant!

(Though, as I suggest in my review in the post above: keep it tight lads.)

Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:46 pm
now we know

Just as good as the other two TV series'. In fact it's almost identical to them. Spain is a beautiful country to tour especially when you're visiting the grand and rich areas that Coogan and Brydon are. The cultural pomposity only makes me feel dumb, which isn't something I take pleasure in. But it's mostly sitting in restaurants and doing impressions, which is a winning, if peculiar, combination. And what an out-of-leftfield turn Winterbottom takes with the closing cliffhanger shot. Looking forward to the fourth installment in The Trip series, The Trip to Greece.

Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:52 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]