Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Avengers: Endgame 

Grade?
A 52%  52%  [ 12 ]
B 26%  26%  [ 6 ]
C 17%  17%  [ 4 ]
D 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 23

Avengers: Endgame 
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: Avengers: Endgame
And what happened to the Loki that escaped with the Tesseract (Space Stone)?

Besides the time travel, and I know that was the central plot of the film..., I enjoyed it. But not as much as Infinity War.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu May 02, 2019 9:12 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

I didn't think of that angle, Corpse. Good one. It could be a possibility that she disintegrated along with Thanos and co.

And yeah, what did happen to Loki?? ?

Thu May 02, 2019 9:21 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

The Loki thing had to have created an alternate timeline, I'd think. Or maybe that will be the plot of his Disney+ show.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu May 02, 2019 9:29 pm
now we know

Ah yeah, I remember now. They fucked up in 2012 so had to go back even earlier to get it again. So yeah, not a plothole.

Fri May 03, 2019 10:19 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Corpse wrote:
What happened to Gamora? I've only watched it once, so maybe I missed something, but I'm going to presume that she was disintegrated with Thanos and all his forces, since she isn't with the other Guardians in the end, but surely they would have shown her? So I guess she somehow escaped the battle, but even still, would she have been immune to Tony's snap?
On the second viewing I noticed that Quill had her picture on his map at the end before Thor came in and started messing with him. Asguardians of the Galaxy will probably be about bringing her back in to the team, along with defeating and (eventually) befriending Adam Warlock.

Fri May 03, 2019 12:06 pm

Magnus wrote:
Upon further review, this is a really dumb movie

But man was it fun watching it on opening day.

Aaaaaand he’s back

Sat May 04, 2019 12:15 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

The Falcon/Captain America scene is a euphoric one in the moment but yes short sited.

Though it kind of looked like they kept it slightly open for Bucky to take the shield with Falcon's hesitation as unlikely that it is now.

I hate time travel plots and this film is reason why. But yes the ending is so satisfying that you forgive and forget.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Sat May 04, 2019 7:05 pm
Quality is a great business plan

There was no way to resolve IW without time travel plot. But it was unfortunate what they did with Thor and Hulk. They made them comedy sidekicks. We never saw bad ass hulk after the 1st film. But IM and Cap did get amazing closure.

I used to be shawman.

Sat May 04, 2019 7:25 pm
Keeping it Light

I thought about that, and they could have resolved it if they would have just gotten their hands on the infinity stones, before Thanos destroyed them in their original timeline.
I enjoyed Endgame and it's time travel escapades, and I think they did a well enough job of everything making sense.
It's not as great a time travel film as Back to the Future or Terminator though.

Sat May 04, 2019 8:30 pm
Quality is a great business plan

stuffp wrote:
I thought about that, and they could have resolved it if they would have just gotten their hands on the infinity stones, before Thanos destroyed them in their original timeline.
I enjoyed Endgame and it's time travel escapades, and I think they did a well enough job of everything making sense.
It's not as great a time travel film as Back to the Future or Terminator though.

That would not have been much of movie. Not even worth an hour of tv show.

I used to be shawman.

Sat May 04, 2019 8:32 pm
Keeping it Light

I think they could have tried to write up anything, and I have to say I was expecting more from Dr. Strange's 1 in a 14 million ways that we can win this fight. I was expecting a bit more out of that then this time travel solution.

Sat May 04, 2019 8:43 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Also with the current way they could have potentially just did what Hulk did and collected all the stones from people connected to Avengers rather than convincing people from different planet why they need those stones.

Sat May 04, 2019 8:43 pm
Keeping it Light

That would not have been possible with their original plan, because they only have 6 quantum particle vials to jump in the past and return. Then again, if they thought a bit longer, they might have just take Pym to their future time first and let him make more, then they had more chances to collect all...I guess some things could have gotten thought through a bit more.

Sat May 04, 2019 8:56 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

That's why time travel leads to a lot of plot holes.

Sat May 04, 2019 8:59 pm
llegó a la casa vía marítima

Somehow this manages to be simultaneously too lighthearted and too self-serious. I wanted a thrilling conclusion on par with the suspense, shock factor, and pure sense of fun of the last film...instead we get three hours with more scenes of random kids in country houses looking sad than action scenes. And the ultimate defeat of Thanos was down to, what, some lucky fidgeting with a glove?

Perhaps if I had watched all the movies and I were really invested in all these characters I would care more, but this film, with some of the most ham-fisted dialogue I've ever heard, certainly didn't make me care about them. Peter Parker was the lone bright spot in that department.

C-

Sat May 04, 2019 9:26 pm
now we know

Somebody finally talking sense.

Sun May 05, 2019 1:44 am
Profile WWW

Hot take, what they did with Thor was brilliant best part of the movie

Sun May 05, 2019 7:35 am

Darth Indiana Bond wrote:
Hot take, what they did with Thor was brilliant best part of the movie

Besides the third act

Sun May 05, 2019 7:39 am
Dont Mess with the Gez

The best thing about Thor is that he'll be in GOTG3 and likely face off against Adam Warlock.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Sun May 05, 2019 8:39 am

He also has an arc going forward the fits with the reimagining of the character post-Ragnarok. I truly felt this movie did an extremely successful job blending the the Thor established in his first two outings with his radical change established in Ragnarok

Sun May 05, 2019 9:04 am

The Russo brothers nailed Winter Soldier, but with every step further into epic and emotional territory they've gotten progressively out of their depth; why did the studio think they were the best choice for bringing this series home?

Are they completely fucking retarded?

Dudes are better suited to something like a dumber, more entertaining Bourne franchise, not Lord of the Rings meets Marvel Across the Universe. The arc of Endgame is pretty much the same as Return of the King; Joss should've at least directed the build-up - he'd have done it in such a way, the final battle would've been nothing more than sugary icing. Here, the Russos seem to suffer from either too much pressure, too much overconfidence, or a weird admixture of both. It's a fragmented behemoth of crappily edited just-passable checklist ticks; and then, out of nowhere, fucking boom, Starship Troopers on steroids, with zero tension, zero stakes relative to Infinity War, and zero Hulk vs. Thanos showdown.

Not that it's shit, though; just that it could've been great, ended up feeling less emotionally cohesive than its predecessor, even though IW was itself less than inspired.

The experience of watching Endgame is better than the impression after leaving the theatre, I thought. Marvel's benchmark is high enough that even something as messy as this is still fairly satisfying on the whole. I guess I probably liked it.

All the same, fuck whoever took Hulk out of the picture. Big Friendly Banner was a total abomination of emasculated post-Captain Marvel scared-of-getting-too-masculine, pandering, blasphemous bullshit. Would've been awesome to see him grow in strength from the gamma radiation of the glove, or Bruce figure out how to become an enhanced version of himself, strength-wise, than whatever the fuck he ended up becoming: and the Russos would've been perfect for that stuff. It's like the Avengers, compared to the first installment, and progressively since, has had a massive green testicle removed.

Still, not bad, kinda good, in a weird kinda way.

C+

Thu May 16, 2019 9:02 am

Magnus wrote:
it’s got a lot of issues and I don’t think it needs to be three hours but I haven’t seen a film stuck the landing to years of build up any better than this one since ROTK (which was only two years of build up). The most satisfying Avengers movie ever and doubt they’ll ever be able
to replicate or top it no matter what they do for the next 20 years.

My man, saw the rotk parallel too.

But there's no way this was more satisfying, or anywhere near as much of a crowdpleaser as the first one.

Thu May 16, 2019 9:19 am

Algren wrote:
I must say, him chopping Thanos' head off was pretty awesome.

Yep. That whole opening bit was excellent, actually. Then, boom, Russo brother with way too many lines at some men's group, some other bullshit, and thank fuck for ironically fat, alcoholic Thor.

Thu May 16, 2019 9:26 am
Devil's Advocate

Am I missing something about Captain America's timeline? Didn't the first movie take place around WWII? How come they went back to 1970 in Endgame where Captain America said "this is where the idea of me was born" and Peggy is there, which reads like if they went back to before he became super. Is she supposed to be +27 years from Captain America disappearing?

Tue May 28, 2019 11:27 pm
now we know

The place is where the idea of him was born, he doesn't mean the era.

Tue May 28, 2019 11:40 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next