Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Triple Threat 

Grade?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Triple Threat 
now we know

Post Triple Threat

Quote:
Triple Threat is an 2019 martial arts film directed by Jesse V. Johnson and starring Tony Jaa, Iko Uwais and Tiger Chen, as well as Scott Adkins, Michael Jai White, Michael Bisping, Celina Jade, and Jeeja Yanin.

Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:55 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Post Re: Triple Threat
I low key loved this. It's rare these days for a action flick to really bring the inner kid out of me, but man did this do it. It's god damn relentless for the majority of it's brisk 96 minute running time and honestly if certain scenes were directed and paced better I'd put it up there with The Raid movies or John Wick 1 and 2 as far as quality, because while its probably not quite as strong as those from a story perspective I had just as much fun with it as those movies. The gun play carnage and hand to hand fight sequences in this are fucking great. Jesse V. Johnson has shown in the past that he definitely has an eye when it comes to directing action and that's no different here.

Loved how gruesome it got at times too and thank god for the plentiful amount of practical blood squibs. It's sad how long it feels since I have seen that in one of these lower budgeted action flicks, but it was definitely a welcomed surprise. Also, this might be my favorite villain role for Scott Adkins. He easily has the best lines, although Michael Jai White had some fun stuff too, but I loved his no nonsense tough guy attitude on top of how much of a badass he already is.

B+

Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:10 am
The Kramer

Just saw the trailer and will watch soon. Love when these type of movies just pop up. :D

Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:29 am
The Kramer

This plays more like an American DTV movie than the movies these guys are most known for. Way too many white people saying super baddass macho phrases that don’t always make a ton of sense. For instance, minutes after shooting up a police station and easily killing everyone there, the main villiain says “we can’t be walking around with these AKs or we’ll draw the heat on us.” My dude there is no heat left, you just killed them all. Oh and Iko is a total bitch in this movie.

The fight scenes are still good enough to make it worth watching though. And luckily there’s a fight scene every ten minutes or so.

Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]