Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 The Prodigy 

Grade?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

The Prodigy 
now we know

Post The Prodigy

Quote:
The Prodigy is an upcoming American horror thriller directed by Nicholas McCarthy, starring Taylor Schilling and Jackson Robert Scott. The plot centers around a child, whose disturbing behavior signals that an evil, possibly supernatural force possessed him, forcing his parents to investigate whether sinister forces are involved.

Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:19 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Post Re: The Prodigy
This is an effective thriller. A story I've not seen before, but which is strongly playing off The Omen stereotypes. It's somewhat scary and knows what it wants to achieve. I'd be up for a sequel, which is where I think it's going. Jackson Robert Scott should get some acting lessons in before they shoot it because he's atrocious. But the rest of the film is solid, especially the underused blink-and-you'll-miss-it jump scares which reveal the killer inside Miles.

Thu May 02, 2019 8:21 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Post Re: The Prodigy
This was somewhat entertaining, but I can't say that I actually liked it all that much, especially after just recently seeing a little Irish horror film called The Hole in the Ground. That film did it a lot better IMO even though I know technically it came out sometime after this. The kid is easily the best part though, because that's when the campiness of it was the most fun. I couldn't give two shits about any of the other characters though, especially the parents who were just awful specially the dad. Taylor Schilling is a solid actress too, but she wasn't given anything good to work with.

D+

Tue May 07, 2019 6:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]