Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Sea Fever 

Rate this film:
A 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Sea Fever 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Sea Fever

Quote:
Sea Fever is an internationally co-produced 2019 science fiction thriller film directed by Neasa Hardiman and starring Connie Nielsen, Hermione Corfield and Dougray Scott. The film follows the crew of a marooned fishing trawler, who find themselves threatened by a parasitic infection.

The film premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival on 5 September 2019. It was released on video on demand (VOD) in April 2020, and has received generally positive reviews, with several critics comparing the film's plot to the 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic.

Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:15 am
Forum General

Post Re: Sea Fever
A pretty decent flick, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't think it was a bit overrated. It's very well made and I had no problems with the performances, but I really don't get the comparisons people are making when they put this alongside classic films like Ridley Scott's Alien or John Carpentar's The Thing. I mean they do have some similar elements, but if you are going into this expecting to see a rampaging monster eating tons of people kind of flick than I think your going to be sorely dissapointed IMO. To me this was more like Cantagion, but if Contagion involved a sea creature instead of a virus. It's really scaled back in terms of the actual horror and creature stuff outside of 2 pretty effective gory moments.

Now, I'm sure some people will enjoy it more because it does do some refreshing and new things with the typical creature feature formula, but it just wasn't for me unfortunately.

C+

Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:12 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Got sucked into this because of the comparisons with some of the classics and similar to Dil got disappointed with the film.

Its made nicely and with a much smaller budget, which it uses well but there aren't enough horror or creepy scenes in here. Most of the horror is described from the characters (specially the lead) talking about it. The setting of people getting stuck in a ship first stopped and then left with infection from a mysterious sea creature is very enticing but it does not do anything with its concept. The spread of virus is also very inconsistent in terms of spreading among the crew members. The end comes abruptly without any special resolution, knowledge about the creature or the horrors of it spreading farther than this boat (even though we do get a scene of other boat being infected by it)

This was a missed opportunity because this setting could have been used to great horror effects, specially with stranded at sea alone is a small boat.

Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:09 am
The Kramer

This guy thought Sea Fever lived up to the gulf sized hype
It wears influence on its sleeve, but does it right
Chest busting will never be topped
But eyeplosions make my heart stop

A-

Hermione Corfield is so fuckin hot
Can someone give us a reason to not
Make love instead of making parasites
Its wears influence on its sleeve, but does it right