Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Anatomy of a Murder 

Grade?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Anatomy of a Murder 
now we know

Post Anatomy of a Murder

Quote:
Anatomy of a Murder is a 1959 American courtroom drama crime film produced and directed by Otto Preminger. The screenplay by Wendell Mayes was based on the novel of the same name written by Michigan Supreme Court Justice John D. Voelker under the pen name Robert Traver. Voelker based the novel on a 1952 murder case in which he was the defense attorney.

The film stars James Stewart, Lee Remick, Ben Gazzara, Eve Arden, George C. Scott, Arthur O'Connell, Kathryn Grant, Brooks West (Arden's husband), Orson Bean, and Murray Hamilton.

In 2012, the film was selected for preservation in the United States National Film Registry by the Library of Congress as being "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant".

Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:03 am
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

Post Re: Anatomy of a Murder
I did a bit of a 50's marathon a while ago with this included.
It's a pretty decent film and I mostly liked it for it's look into 50's life. It's good in how it delves into the mystery of the murder and what happened, but in terms of being an exciting courtroom drama it easily got surpassed by films made since then, like The Verdict and A Few Good Men to name some. Quite enjoyable after all anyway and it's 2.5hr+ runtime passes quickly.

B

Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:39 am
Defeats all expectations

Post Re: Anatomy of a Murder
I wanted to write about this movie then but never found the time to do it. I need to re-watch it sometime. I thought its attention to plot detail was ahead of its time. It constantly teased us to question the characters' integrity and left nothing to certainty. A very good mystery/crime movie.

Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]