Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Game Over, Man! 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
D 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Game Over, Man! 
Keeping it Light

Post Game Over, Man!

Quote:
Game Over, Man! is a 2018 American action comedy film directed by Kyle Newacheck and starring Adam DeVine, Anders Holm, Jere Burns, Blake Anderson, and Marc Brandt. The film follows three down-on-their-luck housekeepers who must save the day when the Los Angeles party they are at gets taken hostage.

Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:17 pm
The Kramer

Post Re: Game Over, Man!
Unfortunately, this Netflix movie actually deserves the critical pounding it has received. Game Over Man is so full of insecurity that it is hard to enjoy. Cause rather than empower, it just wants to infect as many others as possible. So how do you make yourself feel better about your show not being on the air anymore? Lets do Die Hard! This solution applies to both the characters and the writers.

It isn’t a total failure, there are some funny parts. And Blake’s character is somewhat likeable, unlike the other two. Their chemistry is shot though, mostly due to making Ders a total fuckhead. I get if you don’t wanna do the same thing as Workaholics, but why make two people the exact same and ditch your everyman? Adam is at 111% the entire movie with his delusional mania. And while Blake is likeable, his character arc is to go from a closeted gay caricature to an openly gay caricature. Big step forward for the LBGTQ community!

Game Over Man also relies heavily on This Is The End style “watch a celebrity die” type of humor. But apparently they decided this before getting a list of who would actually do it since its full of C-listers that have to be introduced by one of the characters, killing the joke before it even starts. I know who Action Bronson and ?uest Love are by sight, but how many others can say the same? Just lazy all around. Keanue wasn’t amazing, but at least it felt like a real movie and made me wanna see more from K&P. Game Over Man not only sucks, but has me worried about the future of this once great trio.

Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:15 pm
Wallflower

I heard Adam is full frontal and that's why I want to see it.

Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:21 pm
The Kramer

Yes, for an entire scene that also involves two hitmen having sex.

Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:36 am
On autopilot for the summer

If it's not about the Life Story of Bill Paxton, I have no Interest!

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:29 am
Forum General

I watched this yesterday and while it isn't good I was still pretty entertained the whole time. The amount of random, gruesome deaths was enough to keep my interest lol.

C

Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]