Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 I Can Only Imagine 

Rate this film:
A 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 2

I Can Only Imagine 
Keeping it Light

Post I Can Only Imagine

I Can Only Imagine is a 2018 American Christian drama film based on the story behind the MercyMe song of the same name, the most-played contemporary Christian song of all-time. The film stars J. Michael Finley as Bart Millard, the lead singer who wrote the song about his relationship with his father, as well as Dennis Quaid, Cloris Leachman, and Trace Adkins.

Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:18 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: I Can Only Imagine
The movie has its flaws and its cheap production values are notable but its not a regular in-your-face religious movie that shoves it's propaganda down your throats (aside from a mention or two in the end). The middle act between Finley and Quaid was very well handled and Erwin Brothers could become the next James Wan for this sub-genre. Acting wise Quaid and Finley play each other well but both are mediocre.

6/10

Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:34 pm
Extraordinary

Post Re: I Can Only Imagine
I CAN ONLY IMAGINE

Yes who hasn't heard this song and could you actually build a movie based on the origin of a song. Yes you can and they did it very well. I found this film to very emotional and it brought those emotions out, not necessarily for the religious aspect though. It was more about how certain moments in the film connected with me in a different personal way in my life. The film also had another connection as a couple parts specifically referenced my state so there was that. Dennis Quaid felt a bit over the top in his role but whatever I accepted it and it was still a good performance especially in the 3rd part of the film. I thought J Michael Finley gave a good performance as Bart Millard the writer of the song. The film was also a bit of account of the creation of the band Mercy Me. Overall, I was very pleased with this, surprised at how much I enjoyed it and it was very emotional as I mentioned.

Grade - A

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]