Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 The Fate of the Furious 

Rate This Film
A 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
B 33%  33%  [ 4 ]
C 33%  33%  [ 4 ]
D 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
F 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 12

The Fate of the Furious 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: The Fate of the Furious
Shit that is enjoyable ;)

Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:44 pm
We had our time together

This was so much fun. Loved it.

1. Fast Five
2. The Fate of the Furious
3. Fast & Furious 6
4. The Fast and the Furious
5. Furious 7
6. The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
7. Fast & Furious
8. 2 Fast 2 Furious

Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:08 am
Profile WWW
now we know

Absolute absurd crap. It makes the same slip ups as the previous installments. It did, however, have more positive aspects. Immediately prior to the final line, it was an improvement on the previous films, but they just couldn't pass on the opportunity to dedicate yet another film to Paul Walker. It was so distasteful. I must have looked like I was having a seizure I was rolling my eyes so much. "Meet Brian", oh fuck off! And you just knew from the moment that girl said that Sinclair could choose his forename that he would dedicate it to Walker. And the whole rooftop epilogue was cringe worthy. The film is just trash. The action makes no sense. The film is constantly undermined by its obsession with cars and insane, logic- and physics-defying action (too many examples to cite). The franchise is similar with Marvel in some ways. Hugely popular. Very easy to make money quickly. But also embarrassingly safe, reversing body blow plot turns in order to preserve future installments (Statham dying, nope! Nick Fury dying, nope! Theron gets her comeuppance, nope!). Though Statham dying wasn't a surprise. You just knew that he wouldn't. Bringing Luke Evans back was also shit. And Dwayne's reaction when he learned of his biggest foe "not making it" was to get upset??! WTF! Ten minutes ago you hated his guts. And Dwayne WWF-ing up all the dialogue is utter crap. The thing is, it is doing the opposite of what he/they hope. It doesn't make him look or sound tough. It makes him sound pathetic. If you really intend to hurt someone, you don't become poetic with your taunts. The action is also stupid and oftentimes inconceivable (especially the prison fights).

Good stuff? Well, Statham talking to the baby is cute, and probably the highlight. Statham in general is just very watchable (even though the role is too cutesy and childish for his reputation). Theron, for the most part is a solid villain (minus her dreadlocks - must everything be urbanized?). Helen Mirren was humorous. One of its biggest wins was the semblance of a story. It wasn't just mindless action, which I thought was admirable, but still not remarkable enough to add to my enjoyment. If they just tried to make a good action film, this could probably be a good franchise.

Overall, this film is yet another example of the cancer in Hollywood film-making. As stuffp joked about off-site, if it follows the same path as previous entries, Theron will be part of the team by Furious 10. Ugh.

F

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:19 am
Profile WWW
now we know

I guess a list is in order.

1. The Fast and the Furious C+

2. Fast Five D

3. The Fate of the Furious F
4. Fast & Furious 6 F
6. Furious 7 F
7. 2 Fast 2 Furious F

Didn't watch the third and fourth.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:26 am
Profile WWW
now we know

stuffp wrote:
Jack Sparrow wrote:
Yeah this shit ain't better than Furious7.

I am surprised you call a 6/10 shit.

On the street, "shit" just means "stuff". Sparrow was so affected by this film's bad boy roots, that he also adopts the lingo. Your name in a Fast flick would be shitp. ;)

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:57 am
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

I was hoping you'd find some redeeming qualities in it that might "elevate" it to at least a D. But finally it was still the sappiness about it which I like, that made you put this with all the rest of those you "disliked".

Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:03 am
Keeping it Light

Algren wrote:
stuffp wrote:
Jack Sparrow wrote:

On the street, "shit" just means "stuff". Sparrow was so affected by this film's bad boy roots, that he also adopts the lingo. Your name in a Fast flick would be shitp. ;)

Haha

Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:06 am
now we know

stuffp wrote:
I was hoping you'd find some redeeming qualities in it that might "elevate" it to at least a D. But finally it was still the sappiness about it which I like, that made you put this with all the rest of those you "disliked".

I honestly don't get what everyone loves about it. I don't get why people lower their standards so much when they see a Fast flick yet scrutinise a film like Interstellar or Looper. I don't get why Mark Sinclair is so popular. I don't get why people keep getting excited for Dwayne Johnson not doing much. I don't get why people laugh at Tyrese Gibson's banter with the other members of the team. I just don't get it!!!!

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:16 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

stuffp wrote:
Algren wrote:
stuffp wrote:
Jack Sparrow wrote:

Haha

What a combo??? One starts it and the other LOL's it. Get a room gays...oh I mean guys(?)

Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:32 am
Cream of the Crop

Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:34 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Algren wrote:
stuffp wrote:

I honestly don't get what everyone loves about it. I don't get why people lower their standards so much when they see a Fast flick yet scrutinise a film like Interstellar or Looper. I don't get why Mark Sinclair is so popular. I don't get why people keep getting excited for Dwayne Johnson not doing much. I don't get why people laugh at Tyrese Gibson's banter with the other members of the team. I just don't get it!!!!

The man doesn't get this shit(p). Get it shitp! he just doesn't like it and after so many movies he is not going to lower his standards like he did for Angry Birds movie.

Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:36 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

A big step down from Fast 7 that has great and innovative action scenes but fails to stitch them together in a convincing story. The New York road fight is the best of the lot but the main reason for this movie's existence isn't. Theron is badass here but her character is one-dimensional and poorly written (if you could call it written).

C+

Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:06 am
Devil's Advocate

Pretty solid entry in the Fast series. Rogue Dom is a memorable storyline compared to previous films and Cipher's scenes with him work. The big ice sequence and the hacked electronic cars are two new memorable setpieces for the series. Babyface Statham and the Rock is a solid combo and I'm not surprised they made H&S which I haven't seen yet.

Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2