Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Six Shooter 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Six Shooter 
Keeping it Light

Post Six Shooter

Quote:
Six Shooter is a 2004 short film directed by Martin McDonagh and starring Brendan Gleeson and RĂșaidhrĂ­ Conroy.

Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:15 am
Keeping it Light

Post Re: Six Shooter
I'm actually not sure to what extend a short film is as much worthy to be considered a film as a feature length one. Anyway, Six Shooter definitely has McDonagh's humorously dark writing to it and well acted too, much like his other films. It's not particularly engaging to stick around in my mind, but it's an very good achievement in short story telling showing off McDonagh and Brendan Gleeson's talents. Also a nice scene with Domhnall Gleeson in there.

Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:32 am
now we know

I've now seen all of Martin McDonagh's work. This is a highly effective example of the techniques and sacrifices made when making a short film on a budget. It is direct and resourceful with its script and shot selection, which heightens my admiration for the work.

It is actually quite amazing. For a 26-minute film with characterization and plot and quite a lot of dialogue, so many deaths occur. Gleeson's wife, the two cot deaths, the kid's mother, the kid, the cot death mother, the cow, and the rabbit. It is what I love about short films. Everything can be so neat and tidy. Every scene has had so much attention paid to it.

B+

Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:28 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]