Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Parked 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Parked 
Keeping it Light

Post Parked

Quote:
Parked is a 2011 Irish drama film written by Ciaran Creagh and directed by Darragh Byrne about homelessness, friendship, and the will to survive adversity, whilst still retaining poise.

Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:22 am
now we know

Ireland has to have one of the most interest film industries today. They consistently produce good-great films. Anyway, Parked is a good little Irish film. I would have liked to have known more of Fred's past and how he came to be living in his car, why he left England, etc. etc. And Cathal is not a pleasant character, but superbly performed by Colin Morgan (Merlin from the Merlin TV series) in his first film role. Parked is not hilariously funny as it says on the cover. It has its moments of humour. But funny is not a word I would use to describe it. Poignant would be better. It is also a sad reflection of how people can still slip through the cracks. It reminded me of I, Daniel Blake, but with less focus on the claim and more on friendship. Good film. Interestingly, this is the second David Wilmot film I've seen in as many days.

B

Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:08 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]