Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 3:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Keanu 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 75%  75%  [ 3 ]
C 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4

Keanu 
Let's Call It A Bromance

Post Keanu
Keanu

Quote:
Keanu is a 2016 American action comedy film directed by Peter Atencio and written by Jordan Peele and Alex Rubens. The film stars Peele, Keegan-Michael Key, Method Man, Nia Long, and Will Forte. Filming began in New Orleans, Louisiana in June 2015. The film premiered at the South by Southwest Festival on March 13, 2016 and is scheduled to be released in North America by Warner Bros. on April 29, 2016.

Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:54 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Post Re: Keanu
Laughed more than I that I would. Keegan-Michael Key especially is hilarious. The movie's relatively short running time is also a good thing as comedies shouldn't drag for too long.

Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:30 pm
Superman: The Movie

Just funny enough. That's a little disappointing considering how funny Key & Peele can truly be, but for their first film in leading roles? Not bad. There's just something slightly off preventing this from being something memorable.

And here's something we already knew going in: the cat is cute as hell and steals the movie.

C+

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:27 pm
Profile WWW
Wallflower

Cute movie. The kitty steals the show. Not hilarious but definitely some laughs. Enjoyed it.

7/10 ( B )

Wed May 04, 2016 5:48 pm
why so serious?

An enjoyably silly comedy throughout its running time, although I was disappointed that there wasn't more of a meta feel to it given that Key and Peele are on record as big movie buffs.

B

Thu May 05, 2016 5:33 pm
Forum General

It's funny, but not as funny as I was hoping. The kitty has the best scenes, but isn't actually in the movie that much and the supporting characters felt kind of underused. I'm down for more Key & Peele movies though.

Tue May 31, 2016 3:12 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Same as above. Given the potential of the two leads who are both great here I felt this was frustrating (for the lack of better word). There is so much potential and Keanu is aptly titled because the cat steals the show even though its not in the movie much. There are so many great actors here but mostly everyone seems to be underused. Its also not as funny as the premise could have been

B

Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:46 pm
Devil's Advocate

I had a good time. It seems committed to trying to be a little more real at times than going full silly like a movie like Pineapple Express, which I'm not sure is the best use of K&P's lunacy talents. The ending wipes a little bit of it away like them killing Anna Faris, but there is still deaths, drugs, creepy guy hitting on his wife, etc. that maybe prevents it from going to another level comedy wise. Still the overall joke of Keanu having such power over everyone that it causes such chaos was overall good, and the two nerds acting street doesn't get old. I didn't even realize it was Tiffany Haddish until the credits and now that her overhyping as a comedy actress seems to be over makes me wonder if she should be used more in straight roles.

Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]