Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Purple Rain 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 1

Purple Rain 
Let's Call It A Bromance

Post Purple Rain
Purple Rain

Quote:
Purple Rain is a 1984 American rock musical drama film directed by Albert Magnoli, produced by Robert Cavallo, Joseph Ruffalo, and Steven Fargnoli, and written by Magnoli and William Blinn. The film inspired the soundtrack and studio album of the same name.

The film stars Prince in his acting debut, playing a quasi-biographical person called "The Kid." Purple Rain was developed to showcase his talents and hence contains several extended concert sequences. The film grossed more than US$68 million at the box office in the United States and over 80 million worldwide, thus making a large profit on its $7.2 million budget. Purple Rain is the only feature film that Prince starred in but did not direct.

The film won an Academy Award for Best Original Song Score, currently the last to receive the award, for the soundtrack of the same name. It was nominated for two Razzie Awards: Worst New Star for Apollonia Kotero and Worst Original Song for "Sex Shooter".

A semi-sequel, Graffiti Bridge, was released in 1990, directed by Prince himself.

Sat May 14, 2016 4:09 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Post Re: Purple Rain
It took him to die for anyone to give a shit enough to request a review thread. :funny:

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat May 14, 2016 10:37 pm
Profile WWW
Wallflower

Post Re: Purple Rain
I was surprised there wasn't one. I had always heard about this movie but didn't really have any interest in it. I still didn't but one of my friends is obsessed with Prince and wanted me to watch the movie with her. I thought it was awful. So cheesy. Solid music but the writing and acting are just plain bad. And it seems to go on forever. Just when you think it's the final performance there's yet another song. I think there were 4 to close out the film. It just kept going. :P

Anyway, I don't know what I'd rate it. It's bad but at times kind of entertaining in a trashy way.

Sun May 15, 2016 10:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]