Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Zootopia 

What grade would you give this film?
A 65%  65%  [ 11 ]
B 24%  24%  [ 4 ]
C 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 17

Zootopia 
Let's Call It A Bromance

Post Zootopia
Zootopia

Quote:
Zootopia (known as Zootropolis in Europe) is a 2016 American 3D computer-animated action buddy comedy neo-noir adventure film produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios and released by Walt Disney Pictures. It is the 55th Disney animated feature film.

The story, set in a world populated by intelligent humanoid animals, involves a rabbit police officer who coerces the help of a fox small-time con artist for help in a missing persons case, only for them to discover its link to a sinister conspiracy threatening the city.

The film is being directed by Byron Howard and Rich Moore, co-directed by Jared Bush, and starring Ginnifer Goodwin Jason Bateman, Idris Elba, J.K. Simmons, Jenny Slate, Nate Torrence, and Shakira. It is scheduled to be released in the Disney Digital 3D, RealD 3D, and IMAX 3D formats on March 4, 2016.

Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:01 am
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

Post Re: Zootopia
A

Slay

The twist at the end was neaaaaaaaaaaat

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:06 am

There was a twist at the end?

The movie was very good, good step forward for Disney animation.

A-

Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:07 am
You must have big rats

There was no surprising twist. The second that assistant showed up, I whispered to my colleague during the screening that she's the villain.

Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:18 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

I wish I didn't click on this before seeing the movie...

I enjoyed the movie very much although I feel like I saw too much of the film in the trailers.

Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:22 am
Hold the door!

Very good. Needed to be a musical though. Didn't like it as much as Tangled or Frozen, but way better than Wreck-ItRalph and Big Hero 6. I liked that both parents were alive, but I still wish they had a real villain instead of a secret one. The world was incredibly well realized, probably some of the best world building in an animated movie possibly ever. The characters and story were involving. I love mysteries, even though I'd had it spoiled for me (thanks to Lecter).

A

Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:12 pm
You must have big rats

How did I spoil it?

Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:47 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Everyone I saw the movie with didn't expect who was behind the disappearances. I knew cause I read your comment.

Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:50 pm
Hold the door!

publicenemy#1 wrote:
I knew cause I read your comment.

Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:59 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

This was pretty great, but I'll want to see it again since several people in my audience decided to use their annoying phones throughout the film, which included fucking picture taking... Also, so many hidden easter eggs to locate.

Anyway, a very good film. A-. Disney found a near-perfect blend of mature, enthralling storytelling, while remaining entertaining to appeal to practically anyone who enjoys movies with this release. I believe Walt Disney Animation has produced better movies than Pixar has in recent years, and Finding Dory has a lot to live up to if it's to match Zootopia's quality.

My only actual issue was the reveal of the "surprise" culprit. Once Judy and Nick discovered the Night Howler serum was being created by Sheep, it was obvious that Bellwether was behind everything at that point. So that sort of diminished the "surprise" twist at the end, by being quite predictable.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:03 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Dr. Lecter wrote:
How did I spoil it?

'Cause you give it away in a short post early in the thread.

For the record, I didn't catch onto it early.

Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:27 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

The Dark Shape wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
How did I spoil it?

Quote:
Everyone's A Critic
This is the place to give us YOUR reviews on the movies you have seen. Discussion of movies is welcomed, but please do not comment if you have not previously seen the movie! Spoilers are ALLOWED inside.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:47 pm
Hold the door!

Chippy wrote:
The Dark Shape wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
How did I spoil it?

Quote:
Everyone's A Critic
This is the place to give us YOUR reviews on the movies you have seen. Discussion of movies is welcomed, but please do not comment if you have not previously seen the movie! Spoilers are ALLOWED inside.

Magnus wrote:
Please use the spoiler tags when posting in this thread, for the next week at least. I know this is a spoiler allowed zone but we should still be respectful

Should apply for every movie, really. Star Wars shouldn't be special. Especially considering how shoehorned Han Solo's death was and the fact that it had little to no impact on the plot.
Spoiler: show
While the sheep being the villain is very important to Zootopia's plot.

Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:07 pm
Superman: The Movie

Cinematic icon's fate versus sheep. Cinematic icon's fate...versus sheep.

zwackerm

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:12 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Zwackerm is right. I will not use spoiler tags anywhere in this forum, as long as the spoilers concern only the film that the thread is about. Spoilers are allowed in here. They have always been, for over a decade now. If you do not want to be spoiled, I recommend not to read the thread.

Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:38 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

Disney has done it again with Zootopia, a delightful, beautifully animated and spirited film that could not be more timely given its parable of accepting differences in a common society. This is just as good as Frozen, Wreck-It-Ralph, etc., and shows that Disney's in house-division is producing just as many quality animated films as Pixar these days. A-

Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:42 pm
Forum General

Yeah this was great and lived up to the hype. Honestly, I haven't anticipated a Walt Disney film in a while, but this seemed the most interesting from all the trailers. It is such a gorgeous looking film and the attention to detail is pretty amazing. Bateman and Goodwin had fantastic chemistry and it was surprising how intense it was at times. Id say I liked it more than any recent Disney film including Frozen which I never personally cared for.

Last edited by Dil on Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:43 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

I thought it was really good. The animation is gorgeous and there are quite a few strong comedic moments, and the overall message of the movie is fantastic. I thought it was a really interesting social commentary and did a great job of addressing things like prejudice and racism and introducing the concepts to younger viewers. The vocal cast is great as well. I wasn't head over heels in love with it but it's definitely a strong film that's worth seeing. B+

Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:12 pm
Profile YIM
The Kramer

I liked it even more than Inside Out. Probably a top 10 all time animated movie if it plays as well on repeat viewings. Every second was movie heaven for me.

Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:43 pm
Forum General

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
I liked it even more than Inside Out. Probably a top 10 all time animated movie if it plays as well on repeat viewings. Every second was movie heaven for me.

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one. As far as recent Disney films go this one stood out to me the most and held my attention the entire time. I just couldn't get into Frozen/IO as much and I'm very interested to see how it holds up in repeats.

Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:28 am
Extraordinary

I imagine this will get better with repeat viewings, the movie grows on me the more I think about it.

Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:33 am
Hold the door!

Disney movies are certainly ones that get better with rewatches. I was initially underwhelmed by both Tangled and Frozen, and now I love both.

Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:46 am
The Kramer

Part of reason this was a notch above Disneys normal excellence is the strength of the lead character. Judy Hops aint a Do Nothing Bitch. She takes punches and keeps moving forward. Just in the opening bit alone, we can see her use the overconfidence of larger opponents to defeat them subtlely. Still, even as she is able to standout about 275 other siblings, we're not surprised to see her fail at the police academy. Even her parents expect, and blatantly wish, her to fail and live a rabbit's life. And this could have been half the movie. Truthfully, she is held back by biology, physically and emotionally (shes a racist like everyone else). But she overcomes ait with pure grit and together, with the audience, moves on to the next part of this fascinating world. Because of this, all of her triumphs are shared with the audience.

Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:56 am
Superman: The Movie

It's good. It's cute. And the detective story leaves a lot to be desired.

*** (B)

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:14 am
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Jmart wrote:
It's good. It's cute. And the detective story leaves a lot to be desired.

*** (B)

Let me guess. Not nearly as good as The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast?

Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next