Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Knock Knock 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 80%  80%  [ 4 ]
C 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 5

Knock Knock 
Let's Call It A Bromance

Post Knock Knock
Knock Knock

Quote:
Knock Knock is a 2015 American erotic horror thriller film directed by Eli Roth, who also co-wrote the script with Guillermo Amoedo and Nicolás López. The film stars Keanu Reeves, Lorenza Izzo, and Ana de Armas. The film was released on October 9, 2015, by Lionsgate Premiere, and it is a remake of Peter Traynor's 1977 film Death Game.

Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:30 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Post Re: Knock Knock
Keanu Reeves' acting is on Cage-Wicker-Man level here.

Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:31 pm
Profile WWW
Pure Phase

While his family is on vacation, an architect is seduced and then tortured by two beautiful women who enter his spacious suburban home on a stormy night under the pretense of telephoning for a taxi and drying their clothes. The film's critique of bourgeois complacency and morality rings rather false because the women's theatrical cruelty is so disproportionate to the protagonist's "crime" (horny lapse), but this is still a swiftly paced and well-photographed genre exercise by director Eli Roth, focusing for the first time on psychological suspense rather than visceral butchery. And it is a bit of an amusing spectacle to see a movie star as distinctive and Zen-laconic as Keanu Reeves submit to so thorough a horror-movie punishment, complete with pleading and tearful emasculation.

B

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:59 pm
Pure Phase

Dr. Lecter wrote:
Keanu Reeves' acting is on Cage-Wicker-Man level here.

"IT WAS FREE PIZZA!"

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:18 pm
Forum General

Keanu Reeves's hammy, over the top, acting towards the end does ruin the tension/suspense quite a bit, but at the same time its the reason why this movie was so damn entertaining to watch. There was so much ridiculous shit going on in that third act that it was pretty much impossible not to laugh my ass off. I will say however that I thought both Roth's wife and Ana de Armas were great and very convincing in there roles and MY GOD is Ana de Armas a gorgeous babe. Her incredibly, sexy accent alone is enough to make any mortal man melt.

Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:58 pm
now we know

Keanu Reeves reaches a new level of shitty acting here. His "You sucked my cock. You fucked me. Now you're going to KILL me??!" speech was excruciatingly bad and hilarious. His constant cries to stop. Cringe worthy. To be fair, the dialogue, delivery, and acting by every member of the cast was bad (ok, the dog was fine). But ... despite this ... I fucking loved watching this film. It is such entertainment. I was fucking gripped. Ana De Armas is utterly gorgeous, and no guy could honestly reject her. Eli Roth did a great job with this film (not so much with the casting - Lorenza Izzo should have been replaced by a much hotter girl) to semi-update the 90s erotic thriller - I had that feeling throughout. I had no idea how it would play out. It could have ended with more punch, but it ended well enough, with The Pixies playing. Nice touch. I'll not forget this film in a hurry.

B

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:42 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

Agreed with posters on Keanu Reeves' acting here, he is pretty bad here specially towards the second half. This was a fun movie overall with tonally inconsistent direction and a finale that tries but doesn't leave a mark, it does the best "fun torcher" it could have gotten from the premise. Ana De Armas was indeed a great choice here and they should have casted someone else for Lorenza Izzo. Acting overall is pretty bad from everyone involved the torcher at times gets repetitive but things unfold quickly and there is always a sense of mystery in terms of what's going to happen next.

B

Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:14 am
Keeping it Light

It's a bit of a weird film, definitely intriguing with the story, and there's some good thoughts behind it too, but everything after the night of the seduction comes across as a contrived way of how things unfold. But it has some nice bits in it, and keeps one wondering how it's going to end.

B-

Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]