Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Best of the Best 

What grade would you give this film?
A 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Best of the Best 
Let's Call It A Bromance

Post Best of the Best
Best of the Best

Quote:
Best of the Best is a 1989 American martial arts film directed by Bob Radler, and produced by Phillip Rhee, who also co-stars in the film. The film also starred Eric Roberts, James Earl Jones and Christopher Penn.

The plot revolves around a team of American martial artists facing a team of Korean martial artists in a taekwondo tournament. Several subplots pop up in the story - moral conflicts, the power of the human spirit triumphing over adversity and the meaning of life are some themes.

Set and filmed in Los Angeles, California, and Seoul, South Korea, between February 13 and April 6, 1989, Best of the Best was released on November 10, 1989.

Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:07 pm
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

Post Re: Best of the Best
Another example of a film, where I can't believe didn't have a thread yet on the site. I love this film for it's messages about patriotism, hard work, overcoming obstacles, compassion. It's an inspirational film that always gets me pumped it. It has a young Eric Roberts when he was making a real career for himself, and when no-one knew Julia yet. The rest of the cast is filled out really well also, Chris Penn (RIP), Phillip Rhee, James Earl Jones, they fit their roles perfectly. 1989 was a pretty good year for films, and this one belongs right up their with the best. Would rank it right above Tango & Cash or so.

A-

Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:14 pm
now we know

I vaguely remember this. I remember thinking it was an R-rated knock-off of The Karate Kid, actually. It was just there, and never picked me up like other 80s martial arts films did. I also felt Chris Penn was unbelievable/silly/annoying in the role.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:23 pm
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

I watched this again yesterday and it's still an all-time favorite of mine.

Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]