Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Results 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
C 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Results 
Let's Call It A Bromance

Post Results
Results

Quote:
Results is a 2015 indie romantic comedy film written and directed by Andrew Bujalski. The film stars Guy Pearce, Cobie Smulders, Kevin Corrigan, Giovanni Ribisi, Brooklyn Decker, Anthony Michael Hall, and Constance Zimmer.

Ahead of its Sundance Film Festival Premiere, Results was acquired by Magnolia Pictures. The film had its premiere at the 2015 Sundance Film Festival on January 27, 2015. It was released On Demand on March 13, 2015[ and had a limited theatrical release on May 29, 2015.

Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:11 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Eh, I don't know. It's a mess. I like Pearce and he is great, but the story and all the characters are so unlikeable and silly, and it just never ends. I would have preferred if it was a straight-up comedy about running the gym and building it into something more, but it went off on a tangent with this stupid millionaire and unstable female fitness instructor. I did enjoy the exercise scenes, of which there are not many, and I did enjoy lots of the dialogue, but it was just too oddly presented, with no flow, that I could never get invested in these people or plot. I just felt that the film was trying overly hard to appear artsy or like an indie, but a lot of the cuts and story was just stupid.

C-

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:04 am
Profile WWW
Pure Phase

Post Re: Results
This is an enjoyable and well-acted romantic comedy. Particularly fantastic among the cast is the always welcome Guy Pearce as a hyper-charismatic-yet-remote gym entrepreneur, and I am glad he is allowed to use his Australian accent despite the film being set in Texas. For around an hour, I thought, "Damn, this is very, very solid. It is fun, loose, sympathetic. It has a bit of bite without being hard or cynical, and it is set in an interesting or at least unusual milieu (the small-business side of the vast fitness industry)." But it runs out of steam to a certain degree in the third act when the plot machinery (which characters will end up in a relationship together and how? and so on) starts to weigh down the pleasurable slice-of-life vibe.

I did not find any of the characters unlikable, though.

B

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]