Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Mad Max: Fury Road 

What grade would you give this film?
A 73%  73%  [ 27 ]
B 14%  14%  [ 5 ]
C 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
D 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
F 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 37

Mad Max: Fury Road 
The Kramer

Post Re: Mad Max: Fury Road
Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Fury Road is a fine action movie. I guess I'm disappointed that is all it was though.

Don't believe the hype. All the talk of relentless, exhausting, non-stop, balls to the walls, etc... is clearly coming from people who haven't seen either of The Raids. I'm fine with downtime, but I don't like it when a movies pacing is go-Go-GO-GO-GO-GO-stoppppppppppppppppppppp-go-Go. Age Of Ultron had the same pacing problems. If you're gonna do a movie like this just get the set up out of the way at the beginning. We don't need to spend 10 minutes introducing new good guys (girls) that are just there to die in the next scene.

I'm disappointed in what the movie wasn't, but what is there is pretty damn good. The plot and characters are engaging. I didn't care about the girls individually, but I was invested in seeing them get away from the Big Bad. Hoult's babyface turn comes a little too easily, yet I enjoyed his journey and wish he could have at least lived enough to get some red strange. Max is mostly just there to shoot stuff, which is fine, the movie didn't need him to have a bigger dramatic arc than good ole redemption. Theron's character is the true star of the film, and probably should have been in the ads more. So the movie is fine for what it is, I just got caught up in the reviews/trailers hype and wanted a lot more. I think I said the same thing about The Road Warrior when I watched it ten years ago, so I guess its fitting.

The flamethrower guitarist is the best. I marked out every time he popped up.
This review sucks. Not sure what kind of crack I was smoking back then.

Just rewatched for first time. Movie is awesome. Looks amazing in 4k on hbo max. Was completely robbed of the best picture oscar.

Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:51 am
Extraordinary

This movie continues to date well. When Hollywood was obsessed with CGI they reached excess and Mad Max's tried and true stunt work still resonates. I'm excited about Furiosa because of how excellent Fury Road was. It really was a movie I had zero expectation of liking which completely knocked it out of the park.

A+

Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:46 am
Profile WWW

This is the last film to get an A+ from me. This was also the last year I watched a lot of movies

Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7